OT - any HiFi fans ?

Anon1690211352

Jul 24, 2023
I purchased (after doing a good bit of research ) full set of Elac home stereo speakers and sub. 2 towers, center and 6 surrounds. Pushed them with a Denon receiver.

Fast forward - not single anymore and not in the same house. Always kinda planned on using these in my future man cave - well, not so much anymore.

Whats the best way to sell them that will teach people that might be interested. I personally am NOT a hifi guru - just like good sounding tunes.

Anyone got any thoughts ?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I purchased (after doing a good bit of research ) full set of Elac home stereo speakers and sub. 2 towers, center and 6 surrounds. Pushed them with a Denon receiver.

Fast forward - not single anymore and not in the same house. Always kinda planned on using these in my future man cave - well, not so much anymore.

Whats the best way to sell them that will teach people that might be interested. I personally am NOT a hifi guru - just like good sounding tunes.

I successfully fought to keep my nice speakers for 20+ years, eventually giving them to one of my sons who begged for them for his apartment. My wife was pleased to see the towers go. I even held onto them a good 15+ years after they rattled a huge mirror off the wall that hit the floor. I consider this one of my few victories in home appointment in over 30 years of marriage. Gotta take 'em where you can get 'em.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023

If you need the money, Audogon caters to Hi Fi people selling things. But it tends to the VERY hifi (Mcintosh, FOCAL, Audio Research price point stuff).

I've had luck in the past selling Hifi (Klipsch Chorus II's that were way too big for my house) on Ebay and on facebook marketplace. I've also had luck buying from there from people that doing know the value of what they have.

If you don't need the money, use what you can and store the rest. You won't be in this place long, and you'll wish you'd kept the speakers and sub for your future man cave.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Just search up comparable items such as yours on eBay and sell them there. No need to get overly complicated with it.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I successfully fought to keep my nice speakers for 20+ years, eventually giving them to one of my sons who begged for them for his apartment. My wife was pleased to see the towers go. I even held onto them a good 15+ years after they rattled a huge mirror off the wall that hit the floor. I consider this one of my few victories in home appointment in over 30 years of marriage. Gotta take 'em where you can get 'em.
I like this about you. That's a huge victory.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Anon1690211352

Jul 24, 2023

is y

Gotta love the Pack. Is there ANYTHING the Pack doesn’t have opinion or knowledge of ??? Don’t answer that.

Cheers!!!

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I finally threw my Bose 901’s in the dumpster. I cried a little.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
C’mon, man! Hopefully they were beyond redemption if you did that.
Actually they were still fine. The receiver and amp had crapped out years before and they were in storage taking up space. I never dreamed that they would make a comeback. Still have the vinyl, its at my brothers house. Between the two of us we probably have close to 500 albums.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
I recently rescued my college-era sound system from my dad's pole-barn. The wife gave me a knowing "What the hell are you going to do with that?" Turned out the Yamaha receiver was shot, and I had to replace the cone surrounds on my old Advent and Polk Audio speakers. Added in a JVC powered sub I had and hooked it all to a late-aughts Sony 5.1 out in the garage. I call it the "Boom Boom Room". The wife hates it.... It's beautiful.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Still have a pair of Midsized Advents, in storage. In great shape. (just can't let stuff go)

Using Polk Audio for the Surround sound stuff.

Reactions: Dawgpile
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login