Update: Any of you golfers found a non-cord grip that works in this heat?

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Reactions: KingWard

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Thanks guys they are on my short list! Might go 2.0 they are supposed to be 50% more durable! How many rounds are y’all getting out of them, plus range sessions?
I could get a year out of DriTacs, even when I was on the range more than I am now. Your driver and wedge grips will wear out before the rest of them due to natural use. When you clean them, use a little soap and water - and a cloth, not a brush. Don't put a lot of elbow grease into drying them. They'll last longer that way. Their softness makes them feel great in your hands.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I could get a year out of DriTacs, even when I was on the range more than I am now. Your driver and wedge grips will wear out before the rest of them due to natural use. When you clean them, use a little soap and water - and a cloth, not a brush. Don't put a lot of elbow grease into drying them. They'll last longer that way. Their softness makes them feel great in your hands.
I used to use winns way back when and i always liked them, definitely going to check them out. I’m playing GP CP2 wraps and they’re about played! I’m not hard on grips, so winn might be the ticket!

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I used to use winns way back when and i always liked them, definitely going to check them out. I’m playing GP CP2 wraps and they’re about played! I’m not hard on grips, so winn might be the ticket!
DriTac is what you want. Golf Pride is the Titleist of grips, but to me, they are on the hard side, no matter which you use, and that hastens their slickness.

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
Golf Pride CP2 Core, mid-size, works great for me. Help arthritic fingers and have held up for +100 rounds this year. Have more rounds in them.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Golf Pride CP2 Core, mid-size, works great for me. Help arthritic fingers and have held up for +100 rounds this year. Have more rounds in them.
I don't see a CP2 core. CP2 wrap and pro, but no core. The CPx (blue on gray) are on my short list, but they too get a range of mixed reviews, you either love them are hate them.

Reactions: Sweetwatergolf

Sweetwatergolf

Jan 20, 2022
I don't see a CP2 core. CP2 wrap and pro, but no core. The CPx (blue on gray) are on my short list, but they too get a range of mixed reviews, you either love them are hate them.
My typing skills suffer 😁. It is the Wrap, Control Core.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Guys, I went with the Winn Dri-tac 2.0, I'm not sure about the durability of them but the feel is excellent. I have a couple of rounds in them, one was about as good as I can play and several range sessions, I'm amazed I can hit balls without gloves if it's not too humid. So far so good! Thanks

Feb 24, 2024
Late response but to me there is only one grip: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize or Jumbo. It's a hybrid so you get some cord but not full cord, it has a great firm to hard profile, and the plus 4 shape combined with midsize or jumbo replicates the extra grip tape patterns for your lower hand that the tour trucks do for the tour players

Worth a look if you end up not fully satisfied with the Winns

Edit: I also see that you may prefer to play without a glove, but if you're looking for a moisture management glove (and also my favorite glove regardless of moisture conditions), Footjoy Weather Sof is really tacky, has a nice firm hand to it, and in a nice coincidence is a relatively inexpensive and quite durable glove.

Last edited:

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Late response but to me there is only one grip: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize or Jumbo. It's a hybrid so you get some cord but not full cord, it has a great firm to hard profile, and the plus 4 shape combined with midsize or jumbo replicates the extra grip tape patterns for your lower hand that the tour trucks do for the tour players

Worth a look if you end up not fully satisfied with the Winns

Edit: I also see that you may prefer to play without a glove, but if you're looking for a moisture management glove (and also my favorite glove regardless of moisture conditions), Footjoy Weather Sof is really tacky, has a nice firm hand to it, and in a nice coincidence is a relatively inexpensive and quite durable glove.
Yep, I've been using those for years but recently stepped up to the Footjoy Contour, very similar to the tack of the weather sof, but they have more of a leather feel, but added durability, a very good mid-priced glove.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

Latest posts