OT - Any recommendation for a transmission shop in the Jackson area?

ihateolemiss

Jun 23, 2008
Looks like my 2018 Chevy transmission has gone, Only 85k miles. Anybody have a recommendation for a shop (good or bad)?

Thanks

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm no help, just here to offer up bad news. EVERY TIME I've ever entered a transmission shop, I've spent a minimum of $1,500, that is all........

ihateolemiss

Jun 23, 2008
I'm no help, just here to offer up bad news. EVERY TIME I've ever entered a transmission shop, I've spent a minimum of $1,500, that is all........
Oh, I know. Had to put one in a 2014 Chevy I had. Way more than 1500. I think I am done with GM products.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I had to get a rear seal replaced in my Silverado recently, that was over $500. I bet a whole transmission job is well north of 3k these days.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I had to get a rear seal replaced in my Silverado recently, that was over $500. I bet a whole transmission job is well north of 3k these days.

A guy I work with had the transmission go out on a Yukon on the way to the beach two weeks ago. Transmission replacement at the dealer was $6500.

GM 8-Speed Automatic Transmission Lawsuit Granted Class Action Status​

• — Mar 23, 2023
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/0...smission-lawsuit-granted-class-action-status/

The models included in the suit are listed below.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
This may not help you but my brother in law had a 18 or 19 Chevy that developed transmission problems and finally found out that thousands of trucks were shipped from the factory with the wrong transmission fluid in it. Dealers know about it but don’t talk about it unless you ask. Dealer changed the fluid to the correct one and he’s still driving it.

macdaddydawg

Sep 29, 2022
Mike's Transmission, east frontage road at Savannah street in South Jackson. I had a warranty issue with my F150, it would suddenly have a loss of communication, speedometer, and odometer would go to zero, truck would only shift down to 3rd and up to 5th. Sending unit was back ordered for 6 plus months and if you took it to the dealer and they identified it as a warranty issue, they kept the truck. I called Michael and he figured out a work around with a sending unit for a newer model F150 and had me back on the road in 3-4 days as opposed to 6+ months. He has worked on several other transmissions for me as well.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Vaz Vazeline GIF - Vaz Vazeline Wink GIFs

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
A guy I work with had the transmission go out on a Yukon on the way to the beach two weeks ago. Transmission replacement at the dealer was $6500.

GM 8-Speed Automatic Transmission Lawsuit Granted Class Action Status​

• — Mar 23, 2023
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/0...smission-lawsuit-granted-class-action-status/

The models included in the suit are listed below.

So what's the score if you have one of these? Mine isn't smooth but it's not bad or anything - have about 70k miles on it. Change the fluid and keep an eye on the lawsuit?

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
I used Transmission Rebuilders on 3565 I-55 South. Ask for Steve Evans. He knows transmissions. I was well pleased. Bottom line is you might need to trade for a Ford. Chevy car trans are made in foreign country, not Detroit, and that’s the problem. Don’t know about the trucks, but Steve does I’m sure. I’ll never own another GM product. Good luck.

Reactions: Anon1678592419

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Looks like my 2018 Chevy transmission has gone, Only 85k miles. Anybody have a recommendation for a shop (good or bad)?

Thanks
My recommendation is start shopping for a new vehicle. Once you start experiencing tranny problems, they have a tendency to re-occur. Don't throw good money after bad.

Anon1678592419

Mar 11, 2023
I used Transmission Rebuilders on 3565 I-55 South. Ask for Steve Evans. He knows transmissions. I was well pleased. Bottom line is you might need to trade for a Ford. Chevy car trans are made in foreign country, not Detroit, and that’s the problem. Don’t know about the trucks, but Steve does I’m sure. I’ll never own another GM product. Good luck.
This is really annoying to me. Even most of the foreign manufacturers manufacture here in the states. My new Honda was made in Mexico but for the most part those vehicles seem to be holding up and doing pretty well engine and transmission wise. I used to like a lot of GM products, but you almost couldn’t pay me to take one these days. It makes you wonder if they’ve also got some designs issues going on as well.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
This is really annoying to me. Even most of the foreign manufacturers manufacture here in the states. My new Honda was made in Mexico but for the most part those vehicles seem to be holding up and doing pretty well engine and transmission wise. I used to like a lot of GM products, but you almost couldn’t pay me to take one these days. It makes you wonder if they’ve also got some designs issues going on as well.
Government Motors

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login