OT - Anyone playing Starfield?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Initial thoughts?

A few of mine…

1) I was expecting a big gameplay and graphical leap from Fallout/Skyrim, and this ain’t it.

2) Too much focus on an expansive world rather than meaningful interaction within it

3) WTF is up with the controls? It shouldn’t take 4 different menus and about 9 button clicks to jump from one planet to another. Not to mention, no local maps??? Really?

4) for a game set in space, you simply have to get ship travel/battles right, and this is a whiff

5) there’s just too much that’s WAY too tedious. Swapping spacesuits, inventory management, mission handling, travel… hell, all of it

I’m not giving up on it, but it’s a 5/10 for me right now. Cyberpunk is a helluva lot more fun

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Haven't tried it yet but figured it'd just be Skyrim in space. I'm totally fine with that considering the obscene amount of time I've poured into that one.

I'll get to it after I finish BG3. Again.

GoingforTew

Feb 3, 2022
I'm enjoying the hell out of Starfield. After I got comfortable with the controls and the story unfolded a little bit I'm absolutely hooked

Reactions: Seinfeld

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Tempted to reactivate my Xbox account to try it. If it was on PS I’d already be playing it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login