OT: Anyone remember the Christmas Eve Eve 2002

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
murder case of Laci Peterson and her unborn son?
Her husband Scott was convicted and sentenced to life in prison but I just saw that the LA Injustice System has taken his case and are saying they have new evidence that wasn’t included or wasn’t investigated in the crime.
They don’t usually take a case unless they have some pretty great evidence to overturn a conviction.
I always thought it was a slam dunk, case closed type of crime.
Maybe a lot was because he acted like a POS during his interviews and in all of the video I saw of him prior to being arrested.
Just something I thought was interesting and I know a lot of you like a good true crime story and investigation.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I remember when it happened and one of the news programs dove pretty deep into it. Best I can remember they had very little physical evidence but had enough circumstantial evidence to convict two people.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Supposedly a burglary happened in the neighborhood a couple of days before she disappeared, a burned out van was found abandoned about a mile or so from their home after she was last seen and neighbors reported seeing her walking their dog around the time she went missing while he was “gone fishing”
Later her body washed up on shore - can’t remember how long after her disappearance it did though.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I did not follow it but my wife did but it has been so long, he would probably a have a good shot of being found not guilty today. Everyone watched that while it was going on and everyone was emotional about it. He was going down no matter what. That's not the case anymore. The Z's and Y's don't know about it and the X's and Boomers probably don't care anymore.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I only remember her being someone that Helen in Clinton would definitely "hit"

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Wasn't that also his second wife that turned up missing mysteriously ?
I think that's a different case of the ex cop who killed his first wife and got away with it, then killed his second wife and they reopened the case of his first wife and ended up convicting him for that one too. I think his name was Drew Peterson. Similar names, different cases.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think that's a different case of the ex cop who killed his first wife and got away with it, then killed his second wife and they reopened the case of his first wife and ended up convicting him for that one too. I think his name was Drew Peterson. Similar names, different cases.
You are correct. Yup.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You are correct. Yup.
The first one, the dude was a young good looking guy who really came off like an ******* because he would show some obviously fake emotion to the press, then go play golf and hang out with his massage therapist side piece.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Wife and I went way down this rabbit hole about a year ago. There was a documentary available on Hulu, I think, about it. Like 6 episodes or so.

We followed that up with multiple YouTube clips from the case and such.

I left that leaning he was innocent, but certainly not enough to convict.
Wife felt, probably still guilty, but certainly not enough to convict.

Between Nancy Grace and the severely tainted jury pool, he had no chance. The jury issues were mind boggling.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
There was a string of crimes I remember from 2002-2003 because I was a co-op during those two years, and the place I worked had a lunch room with news always on. Only time in my life I've really watched national news regularly. This case, the Smart girl abduction, and DC sniper (which I still think about regularly when pumping gas). One of those was being talked about every day it seemed like.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
There was a string of crimes I remember from 2002-2003 because I was a co-op during those two years, and the place I worked had a lunch room with news always on. Only time in my life I've really watched national news regularly. This case, the Smart girl abduction, and DC sniper (which I still think about regularly when pumping gas). One of those was being talked about every day it seemed like.
That DC sniper stuff was terrorizing. Horrific stuff. It's funny, I think about that a lot still today, too. You just never know about people.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That DC sniper stuff was terrorizing. Horrific stuff. It's funny, I think about that a lot still today, too. You just never know about people.
That sniper was actually fairly genius. Hiding in the trunk of the car shooting thru a peep hole. Smart thinking.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
That sniper was actually fairly genius. Hiding in the trunk of the car shooting thru a peep hole. Smart thinking.
I'm really surprised (and extremely thankful) that there hasn't been copycat snipers. You could have something like that in a major metro area and it would just about paralyze the whole city in fear. Horrific stuff.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I, Sniper is a great documentary on the DC sniper on Hulu, and iirc it's the son (the DC sniper was a step-dad/son team I think) that tells the story in the documentary. Been a while since I watched it but I remember binging it all till 4 AM to get through it

Reactions: Drebin
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login