OT: Anyone watching the Texas/Washington Volleyball Match?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Flipping channels, I see that UW is up 2 games to 1. They were up 2-0 but Texas came back and won the 3rd 25-22. Watching our volley dawgs this season has me interested in the tournament.

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I think I saw where former MSU Kicker Brian Hazlewood and his wife Former MSU VB coach Jenny Hazlewood’s daughter committed to USCw Volleyball the other day.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Oof, I just looked at the score. Texas came back and won set 4 25-9 (ouch) and the 5th 15-9.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
That's the luck of MSU...

We have legacy families and they went elsewhere.

Madkin's daughter went to Arkansas and Hazlewood's daughter went to USCw.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
I think I saw where former MSU Kicker Brian Hazlewood and his wife Former MSU VB coach Jenny Hazlewood’s daughter committed to USCw Volleyball the other day.

That'll be interesting to see what happens with Infinity. I've heard the place revolves around her anyway.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Not surprised Hazlewood went somewhere other than STATE - given her mom wasn't successful here as a coach and was let go. I am surprised that Wayne's daughter went to Arkansas. Maybe we're loaded already at her position for the next couple of years? This is just a guess on my part.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Only started watching volleyball this year and have only seen a handful of matches but #4 for Texas can bring it - serve wise like none I've seen so far.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
That'll be interesting to see what happens with Infinity. I've heard the place revolves around her anyway.

Infinity is building a new state of the art training center in Ridgeland. Supposed to open in March/April.

Hazelwood's daughter is a junior at Madison Central and Madkin's is a junior at Clinton. They are part of the best class of volleyball players in Mississippi history. There's a couple of SEC signees at Jackson Academy as well. Hazelwood is an elite talent. She was looking at top tier programs - and there are none in the SEC. USC is a bluebood that has been down the last couple years. Surprised about Madkin going to Arkansas. Felt like we could have gotten her.

As far as the current NCAA Tournament. SEC only got one to the Sweet 16 - 16th seeded Florida, who was blasted by No. 1 Louisville in the Sweet 16. Defending national champ Kentucky fell in the second round to unranked Illinois. Elite Eight looks like this:

1 Louisville vs. 8 Georgia Tech in an All ACC quarterfinal.
3 Pittsburgh vs. 6 Purdue - Purdue had a comeback victory over BYU in the Sweet 16
4 Wisconsin vs. 12 Minnesota - Minnesota upset Baylor in the Sweet 16
2 Texas vs. 10 Nebraska - Texas had that big comeback and Nebraska had an easy time with Illinois

Count em - 3 ACC, 4 Big 10 and Texas in the Elite 8.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I feel like the Final Four is going to be 1-4 seeds. Minnesota could knock off Wisconsin. I don't think Louisville or Pitt are losing, and Texas should be able to handle Nebraska.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login