OT- apparently tomorrow is 'National School Shooting Day'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
School districts in my metro will all send out messaging to parents by the end of the day to address the issue. I guess its being pushed on tiktok?
Reason 9,432 why social media and teens shouldnt mix.

This is not a political post and is not commentary on guns. I mention it only because education lawyers from all regions of the US have been working with school districts to address this, so it is more than just some baseless rumor.
Lock it or dont- it should at least be mentioned. Hopefully the little dbags who started this call it off and get help.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
So ridiculous. And you are correct. Social media middle school/high school kids do not mix

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
School districts in my metro will all send out messaging to parents by the end of the day to address the issue. I guess its being pushed on tiktok?
Reason 9,432 why social media and teens shouldnt mix.

This is not a political post and is not commentary on guns. I mention it only because education lawyers from all regions of the US have been working with school districts to address this, so it is more than just some baseless rumor.
Lock it or dont- it should at least be mentioned. Hopefully the little dbags who started this call it off and get help.

I'll say it: Trump was right again - this time tiktok

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
When people support the breakdown of the nuclear family, this is the end result.

Parents have to be present, hold their kids accountable, and whip their asses when necessary. That's the resolution to all of this, along with many more problems we're facing in our society. And that's not a political statement either...it's something we should all agree on.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It really is out of control. I know many high schools had to contend with people vandalizing the restrooms based off of some TikTok junk. Hernando High is having to lock the boys bathrooms and have monitors because of some TikTok fight club videos. The freshmen boys are going in the bathrooms and beating **** out of each other like a fight club.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
It really is out of control. I know many high schools had to contend with people vandalizing the restrooms based off of some TikTok junk.

Students where my wife teaches are not allowed to go to the restroom anymore without a chaperone. Thanks TikTok and social media.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Food for thought. Females make up the majority of public school teachers. Average age of female's first marriage is 31 as of 2020. Cost of housing is so high that it is almost impossible to live single off of a teacher's salary. My wife being a teacher, I'm seeing more young teachers last about a year or two and turn to nursing, real estate, anything that actually pays a decent wage. I could imagine a scenario in our lifetime where public schools put themselves out of business because they can't adequately address discipline issues and any teacher of merit won't hang around to deal with all of this crap. I'm not a fan of private schools, but they do have the ability to kick kids out if needed. I tell my wife to quit regularly, but she loves it for some reason.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What’s really sad is the paradigm shift.

I know people (close friends) who are conservative traditionalist when it comes to family. They are involved with their kids. They are very present, BUT many of them don’t think you can whip/spank a child now.

I’m not saying you have to beat every child, but SPARE THE ROD SPOIL THE CHILD has worked for years.

My mom and dad beat my *** a few times and I love them now for it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Tiktok and social media aren’t helping but they aren’t the root cause of the problem.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Actually, my brother would just stare at them while getting it.

Like “is that all you got?”

I started crying immediately. Tried to make them feel sorry for me.

dawglawz

Nov 14, 2012
But that's clearly not the only solution. That little 17er in Michigan's family was intact. Very supportive parents, actually(/s).

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It really is out of control. I know many high schools had to contend with people vandalizing the restrooms based off of some TikTok junk. Hernando High is having to lock the boys bathrooms and have monitors because of some TikTok fight club videos. The freshmen boys are going in the bathrooms and beating **** out of each other like a fight club.

AtlantaDawg

Nov 27, 2017
I'll say it: Trump was right again - this time tiktok

LOL, Trump is right about a LOT of things:

1. Trump did not collude with Russia - proven by $40M Mueller investigation (whereby Mueller hired virtually all past Clinton attorneys as the investigators).

2. Trump did not leverage Ukraine aid to 'get dirt on Biden' - when he asked Ukrainian president to 'look into why Hunter Biden was paid $1M per year by corrupt Ukrainian energy firm, even though Hunter knows nothing about energy or cannot speak the language of Ukraine - proven by a congressional investigation based on one whistleblower (who did not even listen to the incriminating phone call, he only blew the whistle due to hearsay evidence of another person listening --- a person who was NEVER identified).

3. Trump won the 2020 election - NO congressional investigation at all even though there were 1,000+ whistleblowers who witness clear voter fraud with first-hand knowledge.

4. Biden is an idiot and could not have possible received 81M votes (the most of ANY president in history) - proven by what he has accomplished in his 47 years in DC and his first 10 mos of being president: Afghan withdrawal (leaving $90B in military equipment for the Taliban, China, and Russia; highest inflation in 50 years; highest COVID death rates (despite having the vaccine at his disposal - a vaccine developed under Trump's operation Warp Speed), 50% increase in fuel price, highest crime rates in over a decade, and more.

5. COVID was developed in China - engineered from a lab in Wuhan and the USA funded it.... numerous experts and virologists attest to this due to the structure of the virus, emails uncovered prove that the US funded the lab's research...

6. LAW and ORDER - defund the police is a joke; smash and grab is the new Christmas shopping in 12 major cities run by Democrats.

7. Energy Independence - shutting down our pipeline, stopping fracking & domestic drilling, etc. drives up the price of fuel to the point we are begging OPEC+ (which includes Russia) to drill more... I guess Global Warming is only Regional Warming since we can open pipelines and drill overseas.

8. Build the wall - 250K illegal aliens apprehended monthly now under Biden. Funny how promising them free healthcare and $450,000 if we separate them from their children acts as a magnate to motivate them to cross the border... btw, the border agents state that you can multiply this apprehension number by 7 to get the true number of crossers (we only capture a small portion).

9. Global warming is a joke - Al Gore bought a beachfront mansion in Malibu, Obama bought a beachfront mansion in Martha's Vineyard, and Nancy Pelosi just bought a $24M beachfront mansion in Florida.... and they tell us that the seas are rising and that ocean-front cities will be underwater...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Yep. I learned quickly that communicating early in the beating that there was pain involved was better than daring them to try harder...

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Food for thought. Females make up the majority of public school teachers. Average age of female's first marriage is 31 as of 2020. Cost of housing is so high that it is almost impossible to live single off of a teacher's salary. My wife being a teacher, I'm seeing more young teachers last about a year or two and turn to nursing, real estate, anything that actually pays a decent wage. I could imagine a scenario in our lifetime where public schools put themselves out of business because they can't adequately address discipline issues and any teacher of merit won't hang around to deal with all of this crap. I'm not a fan of private schools, but they do have the ability to kick kids out if needed. I tell my wife to quit regularly, but she loves it for some reason.

Teachers make a decent wage. This is the Mississippi schedule before local supplements:
https://www.mdek12.org/sites/default/files/salary_schedule_for_fy22_house_bill_852.pdf

So the minimum teach salary is about the same as the median real estate agent income. https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/real-estate-agent-salary/ms

The only problem with being a teach is that there isn't an avenue to become high income while staying in the class room. You get a higher floor and benefits in exchange for giving up upside. I wish we wouldn't structure it that way, but it's a good tradeoff for a lot of people, especially if they are a second income. And two teachers married together in the worst paying school district in the state will start their career (at age 23 if they go straight through high school and college) at the 70th percentile in household earnings, plus have benefits, a pension, and more time off than pretty much any other professional. That's hardly a terrible deal.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

1. Trump did not collude with Russia -
2. Trump did not leverage Ukraine aid to 'get dirt on Biden' -
3. Trump won the 2020 election - NO congressional investigation at all even though there were 1,000+ whistleblowers who witness clear voter fraud with first-hand knowledge.
4. Biden is an idiot and could not have possible received 81M votes (the most of ANY president in history) -
5. COVID was developed in China -
6. LAW and ORDER -
7. Energy Independence -
8. Build the wall -
9. Global warming is a joke -

Thanks for keeping this non-political.***

dawglawz

Nov 14, 2012
I was spanked. Not a bad kid. Some of my friends were spanked, some of them were still bad kids and some of those are bad adults. Of my friends I know were not spanked, they were rarely in trouble and have become well-adjusted adults. I see no utility in hitting your kid. If they're not old enough to reason with, why are you hitting them? If they are old enough to reason with, why are you hitting them? Nut up and parent.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What’s really sad is the paradigm shift.

I know people (close friends) who are conservative traditionalist when it comes to family. They are involved with their kids. They are very present, BUT many of them don’t think you can whip/spank a child now.

I’m not saying you have to beat every child, but SPARE THE ROD SPOIL THE CHILD has worked for years.

My mom and dad beat my *** a few times and I love them now for it.

The paradigm shift where we don't physically hurt children for messing up is a bad thing?
Less physical violence seems good to me, but to each their own, I guess.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The email we got from the school yesterday said it was a statewide (GA) threat, which made no sense to me. Then I immediately assumed it was some asinine online **** started by students and social media.

Kenny.sixpack

Aug 23, 2021
The type of disciple that needs to be applied to your kid depends on who your kid is. My first son needed spankings. It took a lot for him to realize he wasn't in control and the borders established by us meant something. He finally got it around 4 1/2. Never had to spank him again. My second son was very sensitive to a harsh word. It would destroy his spirit. Never had to spank him. You have to know your kid, who they are, and apply what they need to teach responsibility and accountability. My experience from coaching other people's kids is they are emotional wrecks. My goal was to raise emotionally secure adults.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017

1. Trump did not collude with Russia - proven by $40M Mueller investigation (whereby Mueller hired virtually all past Clinton attorneys as the investigators).

2. Trump did not leverage Ukraine aid to 'get dirt on Biden' - when he asked Ukrainian president to 'look into why Hunter Biden was paid $1M per year by corrupt Ukrainian energy firm, even though Hunter knows nothing about energy or cannot speak the language of Ukraine - proven by a congressional investigation based on one whistleblower (who did not even listen to the incriminating phone call, he only blew the whistle due to hearsay evidence of another person listening --- a person who was NEVER identified).

4. Biden is an idiot and could not have possible received 81M votes (the most of ANY president in history) - proven by what he has accomplished in his 47 years in DC and his first 10 mos of being president: Afghan withdrawal (leaving $90B in military equipment for the Taliban, China, and Russia; highest inflation in 50 years; highest COVID death rates (despite having the vaccine at his disposal - a vaccine developed under Trump's operation Warp Speed), 50% increase in fuel price, highest crime rates in over a decade, and more.

5. COVID was developed in China - engineered from a lab in Wuhan and the USA funded it.... numerous experts and virologists attest to this due to the structure of the virus, emails uncovered prove that the US funded the lab's research...

6. LAW and ORDER - defund the police is a joke; smash and grab is the new Christmas shopping in 12 major cities run by Democrats.

7. Energy Independence - shutting down our pipeline, stopping fracking & domestic drilling, etc. drives up the price of fuel to the point we are begging OPEC+ (which includes Russia) to drill more... I guess Global Warming is only Regional Warming since we can open pipelines and drill overseas.

8. Build the wall - 250K illegal aliens apprehended monthly now under Biden. Funny how promising them free healthcare and $450,000 if we separate them from their children acts as a magnate to motivate them to cross the border... btw, the border agents state that you can multiply this apprehension number by 7 to get the true number of crossers (we only capture a small portion).

9. Global warming is a joke - Al Gore bought a beachfront mansion in Malibu, Obama bought a beachfront mansion in Martha's Vineyard, and Nancy Pelosi just bought a $24M beachfront mansion in Florida.... and they tell us that the seas are rising and that ocean-front cities will be underwater...

Trump is a narcissistic dick. He does not give a **** about anybody or anything other than himself. How so many people in this country who otherwise seem to have good sense can be so misled by that con artist is just amazing. Oh and, btw he did not win and he is no longer president. Thank God.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The point is there has to be discipline.

That comes in multiple ways. Some ways are better for some people and other ways are better for others.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My wife has been teaching for 28 years. My kids, who graduated from MSU within the last 3 years, all 3 made more as their starting salary than she was making at the time they took the job. I don't call that a decent salary.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
My parents only really ever hurt my feelings when they whipped me.

It took me a few years to realize the whipping didn’t really hurt. It was that I had let them down.

Some people respond differently to different things. But you do you.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
The paradigm shift where we don't physically hurt children for messing up is a bad thing?
Less physical violence seems good to me, but to each their own, I guess.

Christ, here we go.

Spanking a child does not equate to beating the **** out of them. Some kids (not all) are so 17-ing stubborn that a swat on the *** is the only way to get their attention (see: my son pre-7 years old). Some kids aren't stubborn as Hell and will listen when you tell them things (see: my youngest daughter pre 13 years old).

So I ask you - would you rather NOT give your kid a smack on the *** after telling him/her for the 3rd time to disengage from dangerous and/or socially unacceptable behavior, or make them cry a little bit at unaccustomed pain in the buttocks (that is tailor-made for said swat, may I add) and properly align their behavior with expectations?

Trust me - it's a lot easier to swat an *** and explain why they did something wrong than let that **** go unaccounted for and then wonder why they lose their damn minds when they become young adults. I've seen that game play out way too many times.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Nuclear family who teach discipline and ownership of actions works way more often than it doesn’t.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Um. Yeah that's not a decent annual wage .. now if you factor in all of the winter/spring/summer vacation, it looks better. But a teacher with 10 years experience makes less than an assistant manager at Buc-ee's.

Teachers are vastly underpaid and I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't think we should figure out how to solve that, so long as the teacher is performing.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I understand the concept of " less violence is gooder" but I wish my parents had been much stricter and beat my *** more often. I also wish I had been much harder on my own kids. Raising kids properly is hard. I think we see the results of raising a couple of generations of selfish rotten little ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login