OT: Atlanta hotel question

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Heading to the Fox next week for WSP. Where to get a hotel room? Thanks.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Starling - Hilton in Midtown is really nice with a cool pool.
Doubletree downtown, Hilton Garden Inn downtown by the Aquarium or The Moxy - Marriott in Midtown is also good.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Folks who attend Wide Spread shows sleep indoors?

Wait, is it the World Series of Poker?

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
If you want to stay downtown, I'd go to Reverb. Very cool new hotel right across from Mercedes Benz Stadium.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
The Georgian Terrace is directly across the street from the Fox Theatre and is remarkable.

af102

May 17, 2009
I regularly use MARTA for events, and it is great for that. There will be tons of people coming and going from the Fox considering it's right across the street from a station. That means OP can stay in Downtown, Midtown, or Buckhead without much trouble getting anywhere.

I was a daily user in the pre-covid times, and it's mostly fine the vast majority of the time.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I stay in Buckhead when we go there for something. Not a big fan of big cities, and it's not too bad of a drive.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I always stay in Buckhead, but haven’t been since the Pandemic. There’s a Waldrof there now across from Lenox and I think the Embassy has recently been renovated. I got my Debit Card skimmed at the Hilton Garden Inn though. So, I’d avoid that.

Look for VRBO out Ponce De Leon. It’s easy to get to the Fox, Ponce City Market, Decatur, etc. I can’t remember the last time I spent an evening in downtown Atlanta. There are better neighborhoods, IMO.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I used to stay in Buckhead a lot and loved it - - not anymore, at least in the last couple of years.
Too many shootings and robberies of late.
I’d rather stay downtown than Buckhead these days.
Dunwoody is still ok, I think, although that may be the next area to go downhill if it hasn’t already started? Perimeter Mall or any Mall for that matter seems to attract potential problems.
As of late it’s been Alpharetta- lots of good restaurants there and in downtown Roswell.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
We stayed in buckhead the for our Atlanta trip in July. We are IHG members so we stayed at the Holiday inn express. It could use an update for sure but it was safe, affordable and close enough to everything. Buckhead felt safe and fairly clean for a city, but we were only there for 5 days. The midtown hotels had tons of reviews about cars getting broken into, so we avoided those.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I stayed at the Atlanta Marquis. It was very nice. I was disappointed that I found out I stayed at the Time Variant Authority and didn’t see Loki or Möbius.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
The Georgian Terrace is directly across the street from the Fox Theatre and is remarkable.

this would be my recommendation as well ... hotels downtown (downtown would be much closer to the Fox than Midtown or Buckhead) that would be worth mentioning are Embassy Suites (has a Ruth's Chris steakhouse in it) ... The Hyatt Regency is pretty nice and if you're just willing to dump a bunch of cash then there's the Ritz-Carlton. A pretty cool one would be The Peachtree Plaza ....The rooms aren't cheap downtown anywhere

Last edited:

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
I always stay in Buckhead, but haven’t been since the Pandemic. There’s a Waldrof there now across from Lenox and I think the Embassy has recently been renovated. I got my Debit Card skimmed at the Hilton Garden Inn though. So, I’d avoid that.

Look for VRBO out Ponce De Leon. It’s easy to get to the Fox, Ponce City Market, Decatur, etc. I can’t remember the last time I spent an evening in downtown Atlanta. There are better neighborhoods, IMO.

and don't travel to far down Ponce De Leon or very far from the Fox itself

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Intercontinental in Buckhead is nice. Stay above the 12th floor (I believe) and you get access to lounge, free food and booze!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login