OT: Bardstown, KY Distillery Tours

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My wife an I are hitting the road in June and one stop we are planning is Bardstown, Ky. It is a major hub of Bourbon Distilleries. I am leaning towards the Heaven Hill tour since some of my favorites come from there. HOWEVER, I am open to suggestions if one of the other many tours is better or special. We are only there one night so 2 tours might be possible.

so what say ye six pack speak?

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
It's not really far to Makers Mark from there. Make sure you grab a burger at that little burger joint in Bardstown.

bbqbully

Sep 14, 2008
Heaven Hill, by all means. Great facility and a good tasting menu. Makers is a beautiful place. Grab lunch at that little dive bar in the little town of Loretto. We did Four Roses and enjoyed the tasting but didn’t enjoy the tour so much. Could be it was our third distillery and if you’ve seen one mash vat and pot still, you’ve seen them all. One must do is cocktails at the Old Talbott Tavern. Their bourbon list is 3 pages single spaced! You’ll love Bardstown. A beautiful town.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Agree with Heaven Hill. With only one other option, there's no doubt that it would be the short drive to Wild Turkey

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Heaven Hill has a "You Do Bourbon" tour option. You will walkout with 1 of 4 bottles you hand bottle after a tasting:

A proprietary Heaven Hill Bourbon Experience barrel proof

A Bernheim Barrel Proof

An Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

A Larceny Barrel Proof

When we go in October this is my top stop.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Wild Turkey is OK. The only thing unique about it is to see the mass production setup vs a Woodford, etc

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
My favorite tours in order:
1. Castle & Key
2. Makers Mark
3. Willetts
4. Four Roses
5. Heaven Hill

Last - Buffalo Trace

Not a rating of the bourbon, but a rating of the bourbon tour. Make your reservations early. Most of the good tours fill up. Fun trip, y'all will love it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login