OT: Be Vigilant Homeowners.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
There are thousands of illegal immigrants who are desperate and looking for ways and materials to survive. Every kind of theft is on the increase. Would recommend a good CCTV system around your yard, some appropriate fencing, and a few dogs who like to bark at unwanted guests. I went to a local Walmart in Olive Branch late one night and I was the only English speaking shopper in the store. I'm told they like to shop late so as to not draw attention to themselves. I've also noticed a lot of loitering in several Mississippi towns by Hispanic looking people. It will only get worse, not better. Keep your head on a swivel to protect your family and property.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
There are thousands of illegal immigrants who are desperate and looking for ways and materials to survive. Every kind of theft is on the increase. Would recommend a good CCTV system around your yard, some appropriate fencing, and a few dogs who like to bark at unwanted guests. I went to a local Walmart in Olive Branch late one night and I was the only English speaking shopper in the store. I'm told they like to shop late so as to not draw attention to themselves. I've also noticed a lot of loitering in several Mississippi towns by Hispanic looking people. It will only get worse, not better. Keep your head on a swivel to protect your family and property.
How do you know "they" were illegal? I hope this was a joke. Surely you don't live in this much fear of people who are different than you...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Depends on where you're at. When and if they're getting to North Austin they are usually going somewhere else north of Texas.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
And....We're off! In before the lock!
And honestly, I'd like to see it get locked before it becomes a thing so I'd like to know how you feel about McConnel(sp?) torpedoing the bipartisan immigration reform bill on Trump's orders so that Trump can keep claiming that nothing is being done about immigration to fuel people like the OPs narrative?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
racist comedy central GIF

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
And honestly, I'd like to see it get locked before it becomes a thing so I'd like to know how you feel about McConnel(sp?) torpedoing the bipartisan immigration reform bill on Trump's orders so that Trump can keep claiming that nothing is being done about immigration to fuel people like the OPs narrative?
I think Mitch McConnel and anything associated with Mitch McConnel is a turd covered in burnt hair. Good job working Trump into it; I was waiting.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

you should gather a group of like minded people and form an organization that keeps watch over them and make sure they know they aren't welcome in your area.

If you had a uniform people would know who to come to to report suspicious activity. Might I suggest white robes and pointed white hats.

what a horrible horrible take.

I would venture to guess drug addicts have more to do with rising crime than illegal immigrants.

• Haha
Reactions: wasabaka

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
72-76% of undocumented immigrants are hispanic according to CMS. Now go read the reports from Texas on how many are coming in each month over the last few years and you have your answer. It’s not fair to anybody to let this continue.
I saw the total number since January 2021 was 6 million. So, twice the population of Mississippi. More people than the population of 30 of our states.

This is the number of illegal immigrants. Illegal. And that's just the ones we know about and cared to count. Untold numbers of people we don't know about. The system is broken.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
They did a phenomenal job on our house reno. Tip of the cap!

Same here.

In a previous life I managed a large warehouse. The majority of our workers were from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Columbia. They spoke English as a second language. And 100% of the time, with no exceptions in the few years I was there, those in this group were more driven and harder working than any native English speaker we employed during that time period.

Not only that. As a group they espouse the strong Christian values that many who are so against them being here claim they want to see.

These are generally really good people, with exceptions as in any large group.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I would venture to guess drug addicts have more to do with rising crime than illegal immigrants.
Good point. I just wish there were things we could do to stop the free flow of fentanyl into the country. Wonder where it comes from, who brings it, and how it gets here? I can't think of anything our country could do to stop or slow that down - can you?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Same here.

In a previous life I managed a large warehouse. The majority of our workers were from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Columbia. They spoke English as a second language. And 100% of the time, with no exceptions in the few years I was there, those in this group were more driven and harder working than any native English speaker we employed during that time period.

Not only that. As a group they espouse the strong Christian values that many who are so against them being here claim they want to see.

You mean this Bible? We have to be kind to "them"?

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.
—Exodus 23:9 (NIV)

Treat foreigners or refugees as citizens — and with love. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.
—Leviticus 19:34 (NIV)

Reactions: Dawgg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Same here.

I agree with all this. The majority are great people. One of my friends is from El Salvador. He was brought across illegally, but knew he needed to be a citizen to enjoy life here, so he went through the process. He votes, drives, pays taxes, commits no crimes, works hard, and everything else an official US citizen does. That's the way to do it.

I just wish they all thought that way. Unfortunately, the cartels do not give 2 sh*ts about any of the stuff I listed above, and they are not sending their best and brightest.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
NBC news, now there's a bastion for the truth. ***
I see the ***. As you might imagine, it's pretty well covered in multiple places and accepted that he's the deal killer, which, sadly, reinforces that he has taken over the party and yields some unbelievable control over these weaklings...

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You mean this Bible? We have to be kind to "them"?

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.
—Exodus 23:9 (NIV)

Treat foreigners or refugees as citizens — and with love. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.
—Leviticus 19:34 (NIV)
I love it. Follow up question: why can't these fine Christian people who mean us no harm just go through legal channels when they get here? We have check points at border crossings for just that purpose. We would know who they are, they could enjoy all the rights and liberties of citizenship, and pay taxes like the rest of us? Why can't they do that?

And importantly, why don't our leaders in government want them to go through the legal process? Why would ANYONE in our government want millions of unidentified people to flood into the country illegally? To the point where they cut down fences to literally allow them in easier? I really don't understand it.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Please tell us how you verified you were the only English speaker in the store.

I’m sure that took a while to interview each person there.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They
Them

That's a pretty wide butterfly net to carry while you whistling past the graveyard.

I don't think it's a matter of fear, but in the meantime, people are still pouring over by the thousands daily. I guess it's not that way a problem because it's not in "your" backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login