OT: Bon Scott

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Sounds like two different people in two different bands but same person in two different bands.

Valentines.

AC/DC

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
What the 17 were they wearing in the Buttercup video?

Embarrassed Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Here's another one. Not as drastic as Bon Scott above. Benjamin Orr of the Cars in first one and then him as a solo release.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lot of the early heavy rock guys were like that. Here’s some early Ronnie James Dio. Not much mystery if the camera guy is an *** man.

Reactions: GloryDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I know Okazak had the biggest hits but Benjamin Orr was the better singer. Another of my favorites.

He probably did sing the most big chart hits, but Orr was absolutely the better singer and sang more of what I would call their best, most enduring songs.

I've met plenty of casual music fans who thought RO sang all their songs.

I even saw an interview with RO where he freely acknowledged that when he wrote a song that needed a quality voice, it was going to Orr.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
He probably did sing the most big chart hits, but Orr was absolutely the better singer and sang more of what I would call their best, most enduring songs.

I've met plenty of casual music fans who thought RO sang all their songs.

I even saw an interview with RO where he freely acknowledged that when he wrote a song that needed a quality voice, it was going to Orr.
Honestly I did until a couple of years ago. Of course I grew up on MTV where Ocasek was all over the screen.

Reactions: She Mate Me

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Lot of the early heavy rock guys were like that. Here’s some early Ronnie James Dio. Not much mystery if the camera guy is an *** man.

If we found out that camera man had women’s heads in his freezer, that would be the least surprising news ever.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Most casual fans thought that. But Orr sang most of their songs, and a lot of big hits. But Ocasik sang the biggest hits. Another very underrated member of the band was Elliot Easton. Excellent guitar player.
It really is sad that I never realized. They have two very different voices and I agree with everyone that Orr’s is better. I would think Ocasek would have thought so as well.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Since this thread turned into a bit of a Cars appreciation, if you're a fan from way back, enjoy this early performance. They were especially tight on Bye Bye Love (particularly Easton and Hawkes on keyboards)...

Reactions: fang and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Since this thread turned into a bit of a Cars appreciation, if you're a fan from way back, enjoy this early performance. They were especially tight on Bye Bye Love (particularly Easton and Hawkes on keyboards)...

Great band. Is Greg Hawkes the most unlikely looking rock star ever? But he was a big part of a band that was huge for a decade.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
My HSO regarding Bon Scott:
Highway To Hell > Back In Black

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

They were huge to me personally... loved all their stuff.

You never understood the hatred.

I loved his stuff even the solo stuff.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
Sounds like two different people in two different bands but same person in two different bands.

Valentines.

AC/DC

Bon is singing backup….

Reactions: GloryDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login