OT: Bourbon

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
It’s that time of year.

How’s the search for rare bourbons going this year for everyone?

My store’s drawing was the morning and I was able to pick up William LaRue Weller.

The best part of our drawing was the first person selected (I believe with a list from her hubby), ignored multiple Pappy, BTAC, & other really rare stuff to go with Colonel Taylor Single Barrel.

Reactions: HRMSU

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It’s that time of year.

How’s the search for rare bourbons going this year for everyone?

My store’s drawing was the morning and I was able to pick up William LaRue Weller.

The best part of our drawing was the first person selected (I believe with a list from her hubby), ignored multiple Pappy, BTAC, & other really rare stuff to go with Colonel Taylor Single Barrel.
Congrats.

For us peeps buying the regular stuff, lately I've found 1792 small batch to be really good. Everything else seems to have lost a step (putting the good barrels in other stuff).

AlSwearengen2

Nov 29, 2022
Saw some Elijah Craig 18 yr in Collins yesterday. Surprisingly good selection of not just bourbons, but other stuff.

I’m not a big bourbon enthusiast but i pay attention to what is on the shelves b/c i have friends that are and they let me sample things.

A little information for the enthusiasts, coming from a guy that used to own a store in Hattiesburg. Stores have to sell a lot of a companies particular product, like taaka or Jose cuervo for instance, and they also have to buy a lot of new products from the reps in order to get the Weller, Blanton’s, etc. etc.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
How much was the EJ18? I saw it at another store here for $400, which is a bit cringy that the store marks up that much over the $150 msrp.

Our store does a fantastic job with the lottery and it is organized. Their usually have a better selection in the lottery than the bigger stores inside the Atlanta perimeter.

AlSwearengen2

Nov 29, 2022
$190‘ish. Hearing what the stores have to do in MS in order to get any of that type of stuff, it is hard to begrudge them marking it up a good bit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login