OT: Burial Headstones

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
So, apparently there's a crazy delay on headstones. I've been trying for over 2 years to get one for my dad who passed away with Covid. Anyone else had to deal with this? My mom is about to lose her mind over it.

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
So, apparently there's a crazy delay on headstones. I've been trying for over 2 years to get one for my dad who passed away with Covid. Anyone else had to deal with this? My mom is about to lose her mind over it.
I was told a minimum of six months for granite coming from GA. A year or more for some of the colored stone from overseas.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

patdog

May 28, 2007
We're still waiting on Dad's from January. We were told sometime this fall, but it hasn't come in yet.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I recently went through this, also. It largely depends on the composition and, yes, there are delays in the supply chain.

By way of example, If you are looking for the black granite polished material, the primary sources for that are overseas (e.g. India).
It took me about 4 months to get the stone with the material of our choosing.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Also, the longer it takes to install the headstone, actually the better. Tell your mother that time will help aid the footer to settle better and create stability for the headstone. Hopefully, that will ease her mind

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
Cremation is the answer to those problems!
Not really. My parents prepurchased their plots decades ago. My father was cremated but we still interred his ashes in the plot and my mother wanted a headstone.

Luckily it only took about 3 months for theirs to come in when it was ordered in the spring.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
I've told my wife just get rid of me the easiest way possible. Definitely no funeral. If you want to throw a party - go ahead. Dump my ashes on my favorite running trail and be done with it.

Told mine to cremate me and dump my ashes around our farm, she said Absolutely Not.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Thanks to Covid shutdowns forced or not, the world will struggle for a long time to ever catch up in shortages for a lot of things.

Reactions: patdog and cytubb

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Cremation it is for wife and I both and ashes to be BURIED around several places together. I suggest burying ashes and not just scattering. I went to a funeral once early afternoon and the ashes of deceased were spread in the prayer garden of his church which he had made a significant contribution for the construction of. I passed that church on my way home next day during a monsoon rain and was sitting at a traffic light by the church watching all that water running out of the parking lot, into the curb and gutter and being carried down the street into the storm drains.........................Couldn't help but think of poor ole Joe's ashes flowing down a sidewalk from the garden, into the parking lot, into the street and ending up who knows where.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
No marker for me.
I already have my hole dug way out back. And I'm hoping I have the ability to crawl in it and cover myself.
If not, I suspect somebody would be happy to drop me in.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My dad died in 1977. My mom remarried, she and my stepdad are being buried in another spot. There is a double tombstone with my mom's name on it. It's my understanding they can be refurbished. I am thinking about getting rid of it and buying a single. Maybe and this will sound funny trade it in.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
We went through a delay with my dad. If I remember correctly, the wait was about 6 months.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My dad died in 1977. My mom remarried, she and my stepdad are being buried in another spot. There is a double tombstone with my mom's name on it. It's my understanding they can be refurbished. I am thinking about getting rid of it and buying a single. Maybe and this will sound funny trade it in.

Just put a brass plate over her name and use it for you and yours, like Mr Hankey's

1667594334700.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login