OT: Cape Coral/Fort Myers

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I went as a kid a few times… unfortunately have not been in quite a few years. It’s a cool place though. I have friends that enjoy going to captiva island a lot. I think unfortunately a lot of this whole area is still badly messed up from the hurricane last year

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Visited in 2015 when my dad was in a nursing home. Loved that it was 90 degrees in early March while rainy and 40 in North Texas.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We vacationed in Sannibel a lot before the hurricane wiped it out but you should still go grab a drink at The Mucky Duck and watch the sunset. It's cool.
Hurricane really tore stuff up in that area.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We used to go to Sanibel every summer. I'm not sure what's left there after the hurricane. We used to like Doc Ford's, the Green Flash, the Lazy Flamingo, and the Sunset Grill. I know the Sunset Grill was wiped out. I'm not sure if it was built back or not.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
We vacationed in Sannibel a lot before the hurricane wiped it out but you should still go grab a drink at The Mucky Duck and watch the sunset. It's cool.
Hurricane really tore stuff up in that area.
My daughter closed on her house the week before the hurricane hit. It got through ok. Going fishing out of Pine Island (St James City). I will be fishing all around Sanibel. Planning on lunch at Cabbage Key one day. Sure my daughter has some plans for us.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
My daughter closed on her house the week before the hurricane hit. It got through ok. Going fishing out of Pine Island (St James City). I will be fishing all around Sanibel. Planning on lunch at Cabbage Key one day. Sure my daughter has some plans for us.
I'm sure it's gone by now but there used to be a dollar bill on the wall at Cabbage Key that said Go to Hell Ole Miss. I put it there.

Reactions: Studentdawg06
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login