OT carpal tunnel?

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Who’s got and what ya know? Been having this weird tingling/pain in my left wrist and thumb/middle finger area that won’t go away. Common sense tells me CTS. Gotta schedule an app to get a clear answer.

I’m a shipfitter by trade and have been for going on 7 years now so my hands are my money.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Larry the Cable Guy diagnosed it years ago

Who’s got and what ya know? Been having this weird tingling/pain in my left wrist and thumb/middle finger area that won’t go away. Common sense tells me CTS.

Too much Hustler magazine.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Are you using a vibration welder or any other vibrating tool (not on crazy red) at the shipyard?

I converted a garage into living space this fall/winter and went ape **** with the sawzall and hammer drill doing that, then started spending a couple of hours a day on the snowblower in December. Massive pain and weakness started setting it on hands and fingers. It's called HAVS. Hand &Arm Vibration Syndrome.

Ordered these gloves below and it really helped. After a month or so and ever since I am pain free.

View attachment 24018

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’ve spent more hours than I care to admit on a sawzall the past couple months fitting up the stainless silencers on the latest DDG. I use my impact a ton. I weld mainly stick. My left hand is my prop hand for burning and welding but takes most of the **** when swinging my 8lb maul. Which is all day every day.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Who’s got and what ya know? Been having this weird tingling/pain in my left wrist and thumb/middle finger area that won’t go away. Common sense tells me CTS. Gotta schedule an app to get a clear answer.

I’m a shipfitter by trade and have been for going on 7 years now so my hands are my money.

I have it in both hands. I was scared as hell when symptoms started showing in my right hand first because I had no idea what it was. My right index finger, and then my right pinky finger went completely numb. I went to the doctor and he pressed on a nerve at the base of my palm which sent tingling down every finger, and said it was textbook carpel tunnel. It took him about 10 seconds to diagnose it.

I'm having surgery this spring on both of them. It's supposedly a really easy procedure.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Good luck. Hope it goes well and fixes the problem.

I appreciate it. I don't worry about it so much anymore now that I know what it is. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I have it in both hands. I was scared as hell when symptoms started showing in my right hand first because I had no idea what it was. My right index finger, and then my right pinky finger went completely numb. I went to the doctor and he pressed on a nerve at the base of my palm which sent tingling down every finger, and said it was textbook carpel tunnel. It took him about 10 seconds to diagnose it.

I'm having surgery this spring on both of them. It's supposedly a really easy procedure.

Good luck brother. I have two guys on my crew who have had surgery in the last month or so. Said they’re healing well. Hope the same for you

WTNduck35

Dec 28, 2021
I have it in my left hand and had it in my right, but went ahead and had the surgery. out like 6 weeks, but was turkey hunting within 4. Worse part was learning to wipe my *** with the other hand. HAHA...

I run a boat alot in the winter and it makes it act up in my left hand. Its just now starting to settle some. I have nights where you cant sleep it hurts so bad. I mean you are hurting and cant get it tow wake up for nothing.

Feb 4, 2015
I’ve had the surgery on my right hand ten years ago and it healed quickly. Now I need to have my left hand done. Classic symptoms, index finger,finger next to that and middle finger go numb when elevated briefly but I can lower my arm and let the blood flow down and it goes away. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning my left hand will be so numb that I can’t even turn off my clock radio.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
I was like some of you. Scared the hell out of me when symptoms first started. Went to dr and diagnosed with CTS. Dr gave me a wrist brace to wear as much as i could, which i didn’t wear. Been playing guitar for 25 years. I couldn’t play anymore. Sold guitar. The wife finally made me wear the brace while i slept. After about 2 months of sleeping in it, it went away. That was 2 years ago and haven’t had the first issue since. Now, i still don’t play guitar anymore. I think that’s where mine was coming from. But i plan on purchasing a new one soon and trying again

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was a production supervisor in a Tyson D Bone plant for four years. That was a major issue for us. We stopped the plant every two hours and did hand exercise for the employees. It can be fix but it is better to nip it in the bud by doing hand exercise and resting it once it does start to hurt. Also if you drink a lot of caffeine it could cause wrist to become sore. Lay off the cokes and coffee for a week.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I was a production supervisor in a Tyson D Bone plant for four years. That was a major issue for us. We stopped the plant every two hours and did hand exercise for the employees. It can be fix but it is better to nip it in the bud by doing hand exercise and resting it once it does start to hurt. Also if you drink a lot of caffeine it could cause wrist to become sore. Lay off the cokes and coffee for a week.

Tyson D Bone would be a great name for a rapper

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Not sure they make them that heavy duty.**

Good luck Dreb

I haven't wiped my own *** in 30 years. You guys are doing it wrong.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login