OT: Celebrities at the Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
For those still watching despite outrage of the opening ceremony, does anyone remember them having so much coverage of celebrities at the Olympics? Just seems constant this Olympics, shots of them in the stands, Snoop doing celebrity recaps on NBC? (Which was entertaining)

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Watched for a couple hours and they just did the whip around once that I noticed.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Major sporting events have become celebrity events. Not sure of ticket cost but Super Bowl, Olympics, Wimbledon. All of this big time events are full of of them. Not meant for the common joe to attend

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I hate rap and can't name a Snoop song but his commercials are some of the very few I watch. I don't know why I like him but I do. Kinda like Shaq.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot Rock

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Flavor Flav is sponsoring the women’s water polo national team. He saw something on social media back early this year with the coach talking about how the players were working two jobs to make ends meet to play at the Olympics so he decided to sponsor the team. Pretty cool story.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I haven't watched the prime time show so I have not seen any of that. I have only watched event specific broadcasts so far.
This is how to avoid most of it. The US women's water polo reruns will have it still and possibly basketball.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I've been more amazed at how much peacock has been willing to throw behind the qweeeen! It's like every ad break.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
My only possibly political comment on the opening ceremony is that I watched nearly all of it at various points and the vast majority of it was entertaining and very well done. If you're offended by something, just 17ing ignore it. Baby, bathwater analogy fits.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I knew half the lyrics to the Chronic album in grad school; they aren't something to sing in polite company. But Snoop reinvented himself or is just someone who is allowed to get away with it and he's an accepted celebrity now and is having fun in Paris. He seems to be a likable guy unlike the Snoop of 20 years ago who embraced a gangster image. I'm cool with it.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Snoop is having a great Olympics and I'm enjoying watching him. The celeb shots aren't anything more than you'd get at a big NFL game or something similar. I don't think it's been excessive in comparison to those type of events.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Snoop is having a great Olympics and I'm enjoying watching him. The celeb shots aren't anything more than you'd get at a big NFL game or something similar. I don't think it's been excessive in comparison to those type of events.
He is fun to watch at times, especially his commercials. It almost makes me forget about him partaking in a murder.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
For those still watching despite outrage of the opening ceremony, does anyone remember them having so much coverage of celebrities at the Olympics? Just seems constant this Olympics, shots of them in the stands, Snoop doing celebrity recaps on NBC? (Which was entertaining)
Anybody here have money on Snoop crip walking the torch in the Olympics?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Snoop has a vibe that appeals to multiple demographics.

And did you know that the Da Vinci Last Supper painting is the #4 most well known painting in the world? Did you also know that at 2.4B worldwide Christians, that it is the #1 religion in the world? Based on these facts, many people will see the Last Supper imagery when there is a central figure with a halo or halo hat, a table, and people on one side of the table, gathered and leaning like the Da Vinci mural. In this case, instead of the body and blood/wine of Jesus, they saw the Greek god of wine-making and debauchery in place of the bread/wine.

So what may not appear like blasphemy to you may absolutely look like blasphemy of the sacred to others. If you have no personal faith ties to what the Last Supper mural represents, then of course its just bitchy whining about nothing.

Now you can sound a little smarter about it all, instead of passing along the narrative of a Greek god of Olympics being the obvious and only thing that everyone in the world saw. Now you can be smarter.

Last edited:

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Selective Outrage is selective

I must have missed the multi day ***** fit about all theseIMG_3784.jpegIMG_3786.jpegIMG_3787.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: The Fatboy

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
At this point what celeb hasn't? Seems pretty common these days for celebrities to be criminals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login