OT: Clarkson’s Farm S2

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
jeremy clarkson lets do this GIF by The Grand Tour

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I watched the first couple of episodes of 1st series. Thought it was pretty entertaining. I guess I need to finish it.

I sure never knew there was such a thing as a Lamborghini tractor, but of course Clarkson would find one.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I watched the first couple of episodes of 1st series. Thought it was pretty entertaining. I guess I need to finish it.

I sure never knew there was such a thing as a Lamborghini tractor, but of course Clarkson would find one.
Lamborghini started as a tractor manufacturer. He got pissed at Enzo Ferrari about something and set out to build a better sports car. Porsche also made tractors and mat still do. I occasionally go to antique tractor shows and you’ll usually see a Porsche tractor at a big show. The ones I’ve seen are 50’s-60’s-70’s models. I don’t know if they still manufacture them.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Lamborghini made their money in furnaces and tractors. All my folks overseas have them. Lambo is akin to Carrier, Lennox or Trane.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yes it is. You’d be surprised how varied farming practices are regionally in just the US.

I like the show because it does show somewhat some of the things farmers struggle with every year.

Glad to hear you say that. I thought they were doing a pretty decent job of showing actual realities of farming vs the hokey BS of many shows like that.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
One of the things that was really interesting to me was how much red tape and bureaucratic BS there is in the UK. And that's probably less than there is in the EU. He literally was not allowed to move dirt from one end of his farm to another without a permit. I don't farm, so maybe that's not as surprising to those who do. But I can't imagine ever getting much done if you have to wait for multiple committees to approve your every move.

Reactions: aTotal360

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
One of the things that was really interesting to me was how much red tape and bureaucratic BS there is in the UK. And that's probably less than there is in the EU. He literally was not allowed to move dirt from one end of his farm to another without a permit. I don't farm, so maybe that's not as surprising to those who do. But I can't imagine ever getting much done if you have to wait for multiple committees to approve your every move.
There’s a good bit of permitting here as well and there’s more depending on where you farm and in what states.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Ending this show just because he said some mean things about Princess Markle is ridiculous. What he said was a bit overboard, but why do you shut down a very entertaining show that is also some of the best investigative journalism going on right now.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Ending this show just because he said some mean things about Princess Markle is ridiculous. What he said was a bit overboard, but why do you shut down a very entertaining show that is also some of the best investigative journalism going on right now.

Is that the reason they were not going to do a 3rd season? Glad that **** got shut down.

And, I think I know what you mean, but please clarify what the investigative journalism comment means.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
The last part of your sentence probably explains some of it. Clarkson and Wilman will find a new home for season 4. It's too much of a "cash cow" to pass up.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Is that the reason they were not going to do a 3rd season? Glad that **** got shut down.

And, I think I know what you mean, but please clarify what the investigative journalism comment means.
I wouldn't call it investigate journalism, but it certainly is shining a light on all the bullschlit farmers are going through.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I wouldn't call it investigate journalism, but it certainly is shining a light on all the bullschlit farmers are going through.

I found myself feeling pretty real anger and frustration at the BS they were dealing with.

I'm certain he's no angel, but he seems pretty genuine in his efforts to make the farm profitable to himself and an asset to the community. It's a rural area. I have to believe that farmers being able to make a living is vital.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I found myself feeling pretty real anger and frustration at the BS they were dealing with.

I'm certain he's no angel, but he seems pretty genuine in his efforts to make the farm profitable to himself and an asset to the community. It's a rural area. I have to believe that farmers being able to make a living is vital.
AF26155F-8602-47D9-90D7-3913C0B7A768.jpeg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

He is bringing awareness to many more people the regulation burdens put upon creators and providers in modern society. That is why that farm awards thing gave him and the fetus that award. These people, other than Clarkson himself, are trying to earn a living and provide food for the masses and they have almost insurmountable boxes to check and so many people have a say in what they do. A farmer MUST kill live stock if they are diseased, but has no means to remove diseased wild animals on his farm. In this specific case a farmer should at least have the ability to capture a Badger and have it tested and then killed if diseased. Don't you find it ridiculous that it takes half a million dollars to appeal a decision by a council? So even if that decision gets overturned, you would never make that money back.

Western society has been so far removed from reality we don't understand what it takes to live how we currently live. Clarkson's Farm at least explains some of that to people who have never had exposure to any of that. It is journalism in an entertaining fashion.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He is bringing awareness to many more people the regulation burdens put upon creators and providers in modern society. That is why that farm awards thing gave him and the fetus that award. These people, other than Clarkson himself, are trying to earn a living and provide food for the masses and they have almost insurmountable boxes to check and so many people have a say in what they do. A farmer MUST kill live stock if they are diseased, but has no means to remove diseased wild animals on his farm. In this specific case a farmer should at least have the ability to capture a Badger and have it tested and then killed if diseased. Don't you find it ridiculous that it takes half a million dollars to appeal a decision by a council? So even if that decision gets overturned, you would never make that money back.

Western society has been so far removed from reality we don't understand what it takes to live how we currently live. Clarkson's Farm at least explains some of that to people who have never had exposure to any of that. It is journalism in an entertaining fashion.

Yup, that's a very detailed explanation of what I thought you were saying. Agree completely.

I was brought up to believe telling the truth and being open when dealing with government officials was important.

Life experience has taught me this is often a mistake. Keep your mouth shut and lie your azz off strategically when dealing with many government officials. They're often definitely not here to help anyone but themselves. And they love to cause you problems if it helps justify their job.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login