OT: Country Pleasin' Pineapple

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Had my first batch of Country Pleasin' Pineapple sausage this weekend; I've seen lots of folks rave about it here and was not disappointed. Definitely plan on serving it up again.

My only question is does this mean I need to put one of these flags outside my house now?

1724763141202.jpeg

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Had my first batch of Country Pleasin' Pineapple sausage this weekend; I've seen lots of folks rave about it here and was not disappointed. Definitely plan on serving it up again.

My only question is does this mean I need to put one of these flags outside my house now?

View attachment 635383
Haven’t had any of the pineapple flavors, but I’ve yet to try anything from Country Pleasin that I didn’t like. Green onion and black pepper and cheddar are my two favorites. It’s the only brand of sausage I buy anymore with the exception of twice a year I order 5lbs of sausage from Teet’s down in Ville Platte.

Reactions: dorndawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Which loofah do you hang on your golf cart, that's going to determine if you raise the flag

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
When you want to graduate to the good stuff, go for it...

Reactions: Dawgbite

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Anybody else in here ever make their own sausage? Looking for some interesting/fun new flavor ideas. I have done jalapeno and cheddar, buffalo chicken, Al pastor, maple breakfast sausage, and patty melt.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Every year we have some deer large link sausage made with, pineapple, jalapeño, and cheddar cheese. It doesn’t stay in the freezer for very long.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Every time I go to MS, I fly back to CO with a backpack cooler full.
Lil Butcher Shoppe from Hburg is good too.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There seems to be a common debate among folks I know over Country Pleasin' vs. Conecuh sausage.

It's been over for a long time for me. I haven't bought Conecuh in many years.

My deer processor has been doing a jalapeno pineapple cheese venison sausage for awhile now. It is my favorite sausage in the world.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza or in sausage, you won't change my mind.

I buy the whole pineapples and cut them up all the time to eat by themselves, and I'll throw some pieces on the grill w/ some brown sugar sprinkled on them and grill them. But I will NOT eat it on pizza or in sausage...........................

Last edited:
Reactions: M R DAWGS

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There seems to be a common debate among folks I know over Country Pleasin' vs. Conecuh sausage.

My deer processor has been doing a jalapeno pineapple cheese venison sausage for awhile now. It is my favorite sausage in the world.
I will buy and readily eat both but my favorite is Conecuh. Those are the only two I buy though, don't even try to give me any Polks, Hillshire Farms, Johnsonville, etc. , that stuff is trash

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
I will buy and readily eat both but my favorite is Conecuh. Those are the only two I buy though, don't even try to give me any Polks, Hillshire Farms, Johnsonville, etc. , that stuff is trash
When my FiL comes to visit, he will always bring a package of Polk’s or Hillshire Farms sausage. And it never gets eaten haha. You’d have think after visiting our house for 10+ years, he’d have picked up on it. No luck yet, though.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
When my FiL comes to visit, he will always bring a package of Polk’s or Hillshire Farms sausage. And it never gets eaten haha. You’d have think after visiting our house for 10+ years, he’d have picked up on it. No luck yet, though.

Well, I'd damn sure slice up and sear that stuff in a skillet and season a big ole pot o beans with it.

That way it doesn't go to waste, and maybe Daddy law gets a hint.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

There are people who prefer Conecuh sausage and people who are just plain wrong.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza or in sausage, you won't change my mind.

I buy the whole pineapples and cut them up all the time to eat by themselves, and I'll throw some pieces on the grill w/ some brown sugar sprinkled on them and grill them. But I will NOT eat it on pizza or in sausage...........................

Great. Shockingly other people can feel differently. My 10 year old self hated all sausage, but I matured.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Johnsonville for brätwurst,
Country Pleasin’ for andouille for gumbo.

eta: that CP pineapple/halepeno is the tits

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This thread reminds me of a easy recipe I saw on social media somewhere.

Boudin Grilled Cheese

Cook boudin in oven or air fryer. Remove from casing and then just make a grilled cheese with the boudin mixture included. Damn so simple but it looked so good.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login