OT: Craft beer

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What are good craft beers you can find in most areas of MS? I've got my usuals but looking for others to try. Not too big on sours but not completely opposed either.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
New favorite of mine is the Key City Brewing I’ve found at my gas station on the corner of old canton and rice rd. Death on Two Legs is up there.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
T-Minus by Yellow Hammer Brewing out of Huntsville (I think) is my go to lighter beer. It’s like a Blue Moon but better. It can be tough to find at times.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
1817 out of Okolona has some great beers. They don’t can or bottle yet so draft is your only option currently. Bulldawg Burger has their stuff on tap. I like Southern Prohibition and Chandeluer Brewery both as well.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
New favorite of mine is the Key City Brewing I’ve found at my gas station on the corner of old canton and rice rd. Death on Two Legs is up there.

I had one of theirs recently (can't remember which) and it was solid.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
T-Minus by Yellow Hammer Brewing out of Huntsville (I think) is my go to lighter beer. It’s like a Blue Moon but better. It can be tough to find at times.
Looked at Yellowhamner in Starkville Saturday but didn't pull the trigger. Looked at the Memphis beer too but passed.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
1817 actually has a booth in Davis Wade. I don’t know where it’s at but they recently started selling at games.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If anyone is ever in Guntersville Al there is a Brewery Coop on the lake. Four breweries I think put the bar in and they have beers from all four. I bet they had 30+ beers on tap. It’s a great place to sample beers.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
1817 actually has a booth in Davis Wade. I don’t know where it’s at but they recently started selling at games.
We met the Brew Master in Tupelo at the Down Under. We were drinking their Octoberfest beer which is really good. The waitress stopped by and told us he paid for our round. He came by and told us several bars in Starkville are selling his beers but Oxford bars were jerks to him and wouldn't even try his beer. He is a State fan even though his dad played football for Ole Miss. He attended State because he tried Ole Miss and didn't fit in. Really nice fellow.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We met the Brew Master in Tupelo at the Down Under. We were drinking their Octoberfest beer which is really good. The waitress stopped by and told us he paid for our round. He came by and told us several bars in Starkville are selling his beers but Oxford bars were jerks to him and wouldn't even try his beer. He is a State fan even though his dad played football for Ole Miss. He attended State because he tried Ole Miss and didn't fit in. Really nice fellow.
He graduated high school with my son. I’ve known him since they played football together. He is a great guy. I always drink his beer if it’s available just to support him.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
If y’all ever get a chance to go to straight to ale brewery in HSV, it’s in the old high school. A speakeasy is entered through a faux wall locker. 11/10 would recommend

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login