OT: Crossbow

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I want a crossbow for xmas. I may never use it to go hunting and might just shoot it in my yard. There are 2 on Black Friday sale at Bass Pro. The Barnett XP380 and the Killer Instinct Burner 415 . They are both at $300 for a bow with crank, scope, 3 bolts and a bolt holder. I don't want to spend much more than that. Are either of them a must stay away from? Is one better than the other? Are there better options for the same general price range.

(Click on the names and it takes you to the Bass Pro page)

LandDawg

Sep 1, 2009
Just bc it’s 415 ft/sec, I would go with that Killer Instinct. As a longtime compound shooter, that’s amazing to me. Don’t know anything about them but they have decent reviews & are listed in several articles for best value for their price.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Just bc it’s 415 ft/sec, I would go with that Killer Instinct. As a longtime compound shooter, that’s amazing to me. Don’t know anything about them but they have decent reviews & are listed in several articles for best value for their price.
Crossbows have insane velocities when you compare them to compound bows.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Don’t buy a killer instinct. Just do a quick review and you’ll see they have lots of issues and poor customer service. My brother in law bought one that cracked its limb after a few shots.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Don’t buy a killer instinct. Just do a quick review and you’ll see they have lots of issues and poor customer service. My brother in law bought one that cracked its limb after a few shots.

This is the main issue on a cheaper crossbow. I can't speak on either of these. I'd just spend some time looking for negative reviews saying the bow broke. Worry more about that than accuracy since your not shooting living things.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login