OT- Curtis Flowers Prosecutor Running for Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
That pos needs to be disbarred, not made a judge but wonder how he’ll do in the popularity contest

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
While I understand the sarcasm, that is not flowers job and is partly why he was tried 6 times unsuccessfully. Law enforcement failed to investigate any other suspects. Oj is a different situation.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
+1. That he is still practicing law is a tragedy. To be allowed to be a judge would be terrible.

msu86

Sep 17, 2015
It blows my mind that people really believe bc they listened to a college age reporter make "into the dark" podcast they think they have ALL the information to determine innocence or guilt enough to say stupid stuff like "I can't believe he still has a license". I don't have enough info to say for sure either....I have my assumptions(Guilty btw). I do think it was obviously someone else with him but I do think he was there. I wish there were some way to know the absolute truth but unfortunately without technology there is not.

Last edited:

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
Disbarred for trying a case against a man who was indicted...

for four separate murders and never acquitted?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I figured Prosecutors always tried to get the best jury to get an conviction and the defense tried to get the best jury for acquittal.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think the failures in this case come down to two main issues. Piss poor police work and incompetent representation of Flowers.

The old saying is "cases are won a jury selection," so I don't know if you can blame the prosecutor for tryin the get the best jury. A few years ago, a white Sheriff Deputy from Carroll County was convicted in Holmes County by a majority black jury, so a jury of different race than the accused is not unheard of.

An entertaining podcast about the legal system (and current events) is "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt" by famed attorney Mark Geragos and comedian Adam Carolla.

dawglawz

Nov 14, 2012
The "best" jury for a prosecutor and a constitutionally permissible one are not necessarily the same thing. You can't exclude jurors based on race, which he did. So, yes, you definitely can blame him, as SCOTUS did.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The "best" jury for a prosecutor and a constitutionally permissible one are not necessarily the same thing. You can't exclude jurors based on race, which he did. So, yes, you definitely can blame him, as SCOTUS did.

Question, did he exclude jurors based on race? Did he say to a juror, you're black/hispanic, etc., you can't be on the jury?

If so where was the judge and objection from the defense?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
He consistently used his peremptory challenges to strike black jurors off the venire. He had [x] peremptory challenges and he struck [x] blacks and only blacks. The defendant was black. He's the prosecutor. Straight up violation of Kentucky v. Batson. When Kavanaugh blasts your *** for obvious racial animus, you need to take your 17n medicine and voters need to take that into account.

Raiderdawg.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
The Supreme Court specifically call out the trial judge. Essentially Evans used a peremptory strike against a potential black juror for cause. When Evans explained the reason for striking, the defense objected and pointed out a white juror had essentially the same ties as this lady, but Evans did not strike her. The only real difference between the two was she was black and he was white.

After calling out that the trial court made an error, they proceed to say Evans has a pattern of using discriminatory strikes and he has been called out by the State Supreme Court for it before.

So trial judge screwed up, defense tried to object but was ignored and Evans is a scumbag. I have no idea if Flowers did or did not commit the crime.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It blows my mind that people really believe bc they listened to a college age reporter make "into the dark" podcast they think they have ALL the information to determine innocence or guilt enough to say stupid stuff like "I can't believe he still has a license". I don't have enough info to say for sure either....I have my assumptions(Guilty btw). I do think it was obviously someone else with him but I do think he was there. I wish there were some way to know the absolute truth but unfortunately without technology there is not.

Agree. Flowers did it and SJW are always looking for a cause. They closed the OJ case for the same reason ….there’s not another suspect.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Agree. Flowers did it and SJW are always looking for a cause. They closed the OJ case for the same reason ….there’s not another suspect.

Noted SJWs Brett Kavanaugh, John Robert's, and Samuel Alito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login