OT: Cut Above Bourbon from Kiln

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Not going to see it in my part of the world, but I did a little digging for you. That mash bill is 70% corn, 20% wheat, 10% rye. Nice sweet wheater with a mash bill halfway between Weller and Makers and almost dead on with Larceny in the grain mixes.

Its only 4 years old for now so the ethanol will probably be a little punchy out of the gate if it's higher proof. I'd pour it in a glass and let it breathe for 10 minutes. If you aren't getting the flavors to pop, add a few drops of water or a single ice cube to open it up.

I'm a big fan of supporting small craft distilleries that are taking the time to distill and age their own product vs sourcing. The method I described above is how I found a sweet spot with Wyoming Whiskey which is a very similar mash bill and age. Once I figured out how to open it up, it's number 2-3 on my daily drinker list... Hope you have the same luck.

Snag a bottle and give us a review once you tinker with it Bruce.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
If it's made at Lazy Magnolia I live about ten minutes from there. I'm not a big bourbon guy as much as I've tried, and I haven't had a drink in quite a while, but I'll do some looking around on it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If its Lazy Magnolia, they are big into "sourcing" for many beer brands. Had no idea they were into liquors too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login