OT: Dancing Rabbit - The Oaks or The Azeleas?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Never played either track but will be coming in for the LSU series. Will play Friday morning but not sure which course to book. What are the differences between the two? For those that have played both, which is your favorite and why? I'm probably a 12 and the others in our group range from a 4 to 7. Appreciate it guys.

Charlie Varney

Apr 11, 2016
On the subject of golf, watching the pros play 17 at The Players today...

has been what a real bloodbath looks like in golf. Those 25-45 mile an hour winds have made that hole almost impossible to play.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They both are similar to me. I love them both. I’d play the Azaleas for the name of the course. In April they should be in full bloom and you’ll get that Masters feel. I love their greens.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Both are fantastic but if only playing one round, play The Azaleas.
Bermuda fairways and bent grass greens, tall pines, winding creeks and of course- azaleas.
The Oaks have Zoysia fairways and is also a good course but again - The Azaleas.

411dawg

Sep 5, 2012
Both are fantastic but if only playing one round, play The Azaleas.
Bermuda fairways and bent grass greens, tall pines, winding creeks and of course- azaleas.
The Oaks have Zoysia fairways and is also a good course but again - The Azaleas.

Didn't they change both courses to Bermuda greens?

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
If you can only play one play Azaleas. If it’s cart path only don’t play either one. Jk. It’s a tough walk for real though

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Never played either track but will be coming in for the LSU series. Will play Friday morning but not sure which course to book. What are the differences between the two? For those that have played both, which is your favorite and why? I'm probably a 12 and the others in our group range from a 4 to 7. Appreciate it guys.

Played both, and they are both very enjoyable in their own way. Either way you go, you won't regret it

MadReb

Oct 3, 2013
Dancing Rabbit

The Azaleas is tougher. I think the Oaks is more playable. Both are well maintained and fun.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
As a Hacker that has hacked up both courses several times I will say both are equally hackable. I have hacked up better courses.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login