OT. December Limited Whiskey release.

Nov 29, 2017
ABC in Alabama had their monthly limited release today. I didn’t go early enough to get the really good stuff. I was able to get the last bottle of Jack Daniels single barrel select. I’m curious if this whiskey is some what hard to find. They only had 10 bottles of it. I really wanted some Blanton or Eagle rare. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Single barrel isn’t too hard but SB barrel proof isn’t found everywhere

I have a bottle. It drinks hot and my got better after opening it

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
JD released a 10 year this year that just came in as the#4 whisky of the year...

4. Jack Daniel’s 10 year old
48.5% • $70
PANEL RATING
93 TENNESSEE

This is Jack Daniel’s first age-stated release in over a century, unveiled this summer to great excitement. Does the whiskey itself live up to the fanfare? Our verdict is that it most certainly does. Made from the same Jack Daniel’s recipe used for the core Old No. 7, this liquid has aged well, and taken on lively, dynamic dimensions. Sweet cherry notes and wood spice swirl around the nose and palate, integrating with baking spice, brown sugar, candied orange, and melted butterscotch, all tempered by espresso and cedar chest. This will be an annual release, and the plan calls for it to reappear next summer.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Is Eagle Rare and Blanton hard to find in Alabama? Not trying to be a dick... just curious. It's interesting how stuff varies state to state. I think I remember someone saying Buffalo Trace was hard to find in one state, and it's the grocery store mainstay where I live

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
ABC in Alabama had their monthly limited release today. I didn’t go early enough to get the really good stuff. I was able to get the last bottle of Jack Daniels single barrel select. I’m curious if this whiskey is some what hard to find. They only has 10 bottles of it. I really wanted some Blanton or Eagle rare. Thanks in advance.

I just got back from the liquor store. Didn't see any good whiskey worth what they were charging, so got a bottle of Rittenhouse for cocktails and Fighting Cock for sipping, for 1/3 the price. Money well spent.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Picked up a Willet & Garrison Brothers in Alabama earlier today. My local store looked fairly well stocked. Blantons, Blade & Bow, 15 Year Whistle Pig, etc.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Is Eagle Rare and Blanton hard to find in Alabama? Not trying to be a dick... just curious. It's interesting how stuff varies state to state. I think I remember someone saying Buffalo Trace was hard to find in one state, and it's the grocery store mainstay where I live

I haven't seen Eagle Rare or Blantons on the shelf at my neighborhood ABC store in the last 2 years. I've seen Buffalo Trace on the shelf once during that time.

Nov 29, 2017

Yes I’ve only seen eagle rare once. I’ve had good luck with Buffalo Trace though.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah the way this stuff is distributed is all over the place. I live in Memphis and all of the Buffalo trace stuff(weller SR, EHT, eagle rare, and Blanton’s) can all be find once a month on the shelves here

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Where I live now, it's really easy to find the lower end good stuff for pretty cheap in grocery stores. Buffalo Trace is everywhere and typically $25. Eagle Rare is maybe 50/50 at grocery stores for around $30. The higher end stuff, though, and the liquor store prices are awful here. 50-100% markup from what I had before I moved here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login