OT:Distracted driving in the 90’s

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
93AD0C1E-7996-405D-BFD3-2A0F7136D879.jpeg

Saw this on Facebook and it brought back some memories.

I kept 10-15 of my favorites stuck around edge of sunglasses console on roof of truck to keep from flipping through the organizer while driving.

So, how many CD’s did you have at the peak of the CD age? I think I had (still have most in a box in attic) about 30 that I kept in truck and another 20 or so at my house. Some of my friends had 100’s.

Young un’s can use your parents collection as reference.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
View attachment 336052

I kept 10-15 of my favorites stuck around edge of sunglasses console on roof of truck to keep from flipping through the organizer while driving.

So, how many CD’s did you have at the peak of the CD age? I think I had (still have most in a box in attic) about 30 that I kept in truck and another 20 or so at my house. Some of my friends had 100’s.

You didn't know a struggle unless you had to keep up 8 tracks in your vehicle.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If it's music I really like, I still like listening to CDs. The sound seems so much better than digital. What's wild is that new releases were $16.99 or so in the late 90s.

I was in a Targets the other day, the cd's for sale was one tiny endcap and there was a whole row of vinyl. The comeback vinyl has made is truly amazing and not something I ever really saw coming. I love that analog sound, but not starting a whole other collection.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
s-l1600.jpg
61gbQ1Ept-L._AC_SL1010_.jpg
GIF by SundanceTV

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
View attachment 336052

I had 100s. The cd clubs were awesome, could build your collection super cheap to start and discovered awesome music with album of the month (AKA, didn’t sell well but should have).

Reactions: patdog

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If it's music I really like, I still like listening to CDs. The sound seems so much better than digital. What's wild is that new releases were $16.99 or so in the late 90s.

I was in a Targets the other day, the cd's for sale was one tiny endcap and there was a whole row of vinyl. The comeback vinyl has made is truly amazing and not something I ever really saw coming. I love that analog sound, but not starting a whole other collection.
If you're looking to get laid, I recommend this mix CD here sir. Worked once in 96' for me, but I got close several other times.

71-JhYOdDUL._SX522_.jpg
71WVkkdKbiL._SX522_.jpg

The correct sequencing is 1, 6, 4, 8 and you're up her shirt every time.

ETA. I am pretty full of shít on this board, but this post is the gospel my friends.

Last edited:

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I kept two of those large binders in my truck, they held 64 each - right? Then I had a small case of my favorites, it probably held 16 or 24.

I'm sure I had over 200, maybe 250-300. I had a major purge a few years ago but still probably have 100.

I joined both BMG and columbia house 2 or 3 times - under my first name, under middle name, my mom's name. I'd get those 10-12 for free each time, think you paid $2-3 each for shipping. After that you could average $8-$10 per CD with the buy / get 1 or 2 free deals. It got to a point where there was nothing in their catalogs I wanted even if it was free.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
View attachment 336052

I never had my original CDs in the car. Ever. As soon as the CD case was torn open.. a copy was made on the computer and the copy was in my case. Originals stayed home.

CDs walked off all the time. Especially if you made the epic mistake of bringing them to the party.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I never had my original CDs in the car. Ever. As soon as the CD case was torn open.. a copy was made on the computer and the copy was in my case. Originals stayed home.

CDs walked off all the time. Especially if you made the epic mistake of bringing them to the party.
look at walkthedawg with his fancy cd burner

Seems like we had a stereo that would straight dub a CD but don't think I had one that could burn from a computer till around 2000 maybe? I remember buying an external burner from circuit city when I was in college

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
If you're looking to get laid, I recommend this mix CD here sir. Worked once in 96' for me, but I got close several other times.

View attachment 336087
View attachment 336089

ETA. I am pretty full of shít on this board, but this post is the gospel my friends.
worked once in 27 years ... a ringing endorsement

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
worked once in 27 years ... a ringing endorsement
Mock me all you want sir... I would be posting Wilt Chamberlain numbers on here had somebody not stolen it after word got out about all the titty grabbing and sex I was having in that summer between 10th and 11th grade.

They broke into my Pontiac LeMans and stole that CD and my bottle of Cool Water cologne because I was getting it done. I know it was a targeted attack, because who the 17 was breaking into a LeMans?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Mock me all you want sir... I would be posting Wilt Chamberlain numbers on here had somebody not stolen it after word got out about all the titty grabbing and sex I was having in that summer between 10th and 11th grade.

They broke into my Pontiac LeMans and stole that CD and my bottle of Cool Water cologne because I was getting it done. I know it was a targeted attack, because who the 17 was breaking into a LeMans?
I had you for a Stetson Man.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009

LeMans LOL!

Are you sure your not also known as Ozarka?

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

View attachment 336087
View attachment 336089

Probably work twice as well today.

For the ladies that like this music you don't have to get all the way up the shirt. Gravity's done half the work for you.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022

you know im effing with you right? tracks #1, 6, 8 and 9 are all timers.. plus if you had said you drove a LeMans i never would have said that. and a definite thumbs up on the Cool Water cologne... i used to go through a bottle of that every week.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
So my question is top other ways to get up a girls shirt? Go, asking because I think there are some on here that need guidance. I always just use the whole being the Devil thing, but I am sure there are other techniques I could benefit from knowing.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
I kept two of those large binders in my truck, they held 64 each - right? Then I had a small case of my favorites, it probably held 16 or 24.

I'm sure I had over 200, maybe 250-300. I had a major purge a few years ago but still probably have 100.

I joined both BMG and columbia house 2 or 3 times - under my first name, under middle name, my mom's name. I'd get those 10-12 for free each time, think you paid $2-3 each for shipping. After that you could average $8-$10 per CD with the buy / get 1 or 2 free deals. It got to a point where there was nothing in their catalogs I wanted even if it was free.
when i was 16 or 17 they were building a new subdivision in my neighborhood. the houses were put up but they were empty. we would order from columbia house and send them to the unoccupied houses mailboxes.

• Haha
Reactions: kired and dorndawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My car was broken into back in '06 or so- it was in the driveway overnight.
Anyways, the glovecompartment stuff was all over and some change was taken. That was the extent.
I went in the house and ranted for 5 minutes to my wife about how insulting it was that none of my 128 cds were taken. That book had 70s rock, 80s rock and pop, 90s grunge, 90s rock, 90s rap, 90s pop, 00s rock, 00s pop country, 00s rap, jam band, emo, pop punk, etc.
There was something for everyone. Straight up insulting that none of it was taken!
Damn hooligans and their poor music choices.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Cool Water. I had forgotten that. Now go tight roll your jeans and you'll be (almost) right back in style.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

View attachment 336087
View attachment 336089

Funny that doesn’t look like Van Morrison’s Moondance.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

CDs are digital.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
80s? It was all cassettes. Mostly homemade mix tapes. Wish I still had a few of those we made in Suttle.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I currently have around 400 cds collected over 3 decades. I prefer cds to streaming although I do listen to Spotify a good bit. I bought my last vehicle in part because it had a cd player.

Reactions: dorndawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login