OT: Do you think Mississippi will be the last state to do something like this?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

If clean spark finds a power company/station with extra unused power in Mississippi I’m sure they’ll investigate it.

But why would Mississippi say no?

I can name a few reasons people might say no to this but they aren’t Mississippi reasons.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Also probably won’t find a ton of extra power here and that’s probably not a “Mississippi” reason either

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I find it hilariously hypocritical of people that want to be proactive about climate change and want to do things to “stop” climate change but love everything about cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. The amount of resources like electricity required to mine bitcoin is quite staggering.

I know someone in Texas that mines bitcoin. He built a small building with rows of computers very similar to what this company is doing but on a much smaller scale. It has four AC units that run constantly to keep it cool.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I find it hilariously hypocritical of people that want to be proactive about climate change and want to do things to “stop” climate change but love everything about cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. The amount of resources like electricity required to mine bitcoin is quite staggering.

I know someone in Texas that mines bitcoin. He built a small building with rows of computers very similar to what this company is doing but on a much smaller scale. It has four AC units that run constantly to keep it cool.
Hi DesotoCountyDawg, I invite you to learn about bitcoin's energy usage and its environmental impact. Here is a research-based article on the subject that I found helpful:

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
Can someone give me an elementary explanation of how to mine a bitcoin?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Can someone give me an elementary explanation of how to mine a bitcoin?
River Financial has some good educational resources, specifically about bitcoin mining:

P.S. now is a good time to learn about bitcoin mining with the fourth bitcoin halving event coming in April.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Hi DesotoCountyDawg, I invite you to learn about bitcoin's energy usage and its environmental impact. Here is a research-based article on the subject that I found helpful:

I have no idea about the validity of this but found it interesting.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login