OT: Dracula on Netflix

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I may be late to the party, but this weekend I stumbled across a 3 part Dracula series on Netflix from 2000. It's a BBC series by Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis (creators of Sherlock and collaborators on the modern Dr. Who series).

It was a great weekend binge. Follows most elements of the Bram Stocker novel, with a few cast alterations. Then it goes beyond the time period of the novel.

Really well done and enjoyable. Ending wasn't great, but a fun ride to get there.

Reactions: aTotal360

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
There’s another series on Netflix based on the true story. I never put much thought into how he impaled people. I wish I still didn’t.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Staying with the Netflix / Dracula theme, castlevania on Netflix is excellent. Yes I know it’s a cartoon but it sure as hell ain’t for kids

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
On Netflix as well, Season 2 of "Rise of Empires: Ottoman" is titled Mehmed vs. Vlad. Pretty good. I'd no knowledge of Walachia (precursor to Romania) beforehand.

Reactions: aTotal360

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Staying with the Netflix / Dracula theme, castlevania on Netflix is excellent. Yes I know it’s a cartoon but it sure as hell ain’t for kids
Based on the NES game? That game was almost fun…. the game play was awful. Seemed like it was in slow motion.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I may be late to the party, but this weekend I stumbled across a 3 part Dracula series on Netflix from 2000. It's a BBC series by Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis (creators of Sherlock and collaborators on the modern Dr. Who series).

It was a great weekend binge. Follows most elements of the Bram Stocker novel, with a few cast alterations. Then it goes beyond the time period of the novel.

Really well done and enjoyable. Ending wasn't great, but a fun ride to get there.
Thanks for the rec. Really liked the Nun character, she is awesome.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022

I've been to the real Dracula's castle in Romania which is a very beautiful country. Bran Castle is the name.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login