OT -- e-recycling in MS

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I have a broken flat screen I need to get rid of and have googled around from Jackson to Tupelo and haven't found anything. Used someone out of the Nettleton area several years ago for some old TV's and computers but doesn't seem to be around anymore and nothing else coming up in my searches. Seems there were several in the Jackson area several years ago but not seeing any now. Any tips? (besides driving far enough down Blackjack Rd.)

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Tupelo/ Lee County has a hazardous waste drop off weekend once per year at the horse park in Verona beside the research station. No idea when it will be this year. I carry stuff every year and drop it off.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Try Magnolia Data Solutions in Jackson

They have a E- recycling day a couple of times a year at the Ace Hardware on Spillway Rd but also have a location downtown I believe.

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
Tupelo/ Lee County has a hazardous waste drop off weekend once per year at the horse park in Verona beside the research station. No idea when it will be this year. I carry stuff every year and drop it off.
I feel like the last one was back in the fall. It’s a pretty organized set up.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Golden Triangle Waste Services has a drop off day typically in April where you can take old paint, yard chemcials, electronics, batteries, etc. for free but I haven't heard anything about it this year yet. Its out on Old West Point Rd (between the old Johns Grocery and old Goose Hollow Furniture for you old timers)

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
office space GIF

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Thanks. Looks like most of it goes on through various "waste days" versus routine drop off at recycling businesses. Thought I had checked MDS and didn't think they took individual drop offs but turns out they do for $25. Interesting set up and location in Jackson but experience says they don't put recycling places in the best parts of town. A bit behind Baptist so not terrible. Thanks again for confirming there's not a lot to choose from.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Golden Triangle Waste Services has a drop off day typically in April where you can take old paint, yard chemcials, electronics, batteries, etc. for free but I haven't heard anything about it this year yet. Its out on Old West Point Rd (between the old Johns Grocery and old Goose Hollow Furniture for you old timers)
Actually experienced that extravaganza 5 or 6 years ago when I took a bunch of paint and solvents out. Took forever to get through the line but I will say it was entertaining and humorous while I waited. Cars, trucks and trailers completely packed with every kind of shilt imaginable coming out of the back woods of the GTR. Didn't recall electronics but looks like they do now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login