OT - EBay finally got me

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
As I think I’ve mentioned a few times during the last year, I’ve been working on a home bar for awhile now, and part of the deal is that I wanted somewhere to display my State collection. Something I had been struggling with, though, is what to do about Leach. I mean, he’ll always have a place as a dawg, but let’s be real… for those of us that have spent decades following State sports, he’s not exactly in the JWS, Polk, Cristil pantheon.

Anyway, I finally decided that a simple mini-helmet with the commemorative pirate flag would be the way to go, so I ran to eBay and spent $25 on what I thought was the smaller desk sized helmet. Except it wasn’t

IMG_1163.jpeg

This little gumball machine sized piece of plastic barely fit my son’s WWE action figures, so now I guess it’ll only be good for the Rock’s next match with my kid’s Slambulance play set.

Tell me I’m not the only one that EBay has ever screwed

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You can file a complaint with Ebay and they will keep him from retaliating against you with negative rep. Since it was only five bucks I would probably just move on and leave no rep or comments.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Send it back. Me as a seller on eBay observe that they almost always side w/ the buyer. I've never been hit badly but talking w/ other sellers, they have sold something new, shipped it, and had a buyer send back the same type item but obviously old and used. People claim they never got items when the tracking clearly shows delivered but eBay will side w/ the buyer every time. There are a lot of people on there that have no morals and are real asholes but in this case I wouldn't have any problem sending it back

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
You can file a complaint with Ebay and they will keep him from retaliating against you with negative rep. Since it was only five bucks I would probably just move on and leave no rep or comments.
It was $25 he said, not $5.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Don't get me started on eBay policies. I had to take a buyer to court because he charge backed a computer I sold him. Fortunately he was dumb enough to submit eBay messages the day the PC arrived saying everything was good. I sued him in court and someone claiming to be his father (yeah right) finally sent me the funds plus legal fees. Pay Pal and eBay said good luck when I asked them for help. Ebay is a hub for criminal activity.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
As I think I’ve mentioned a few times during the last year, I’ve been working on a home bar for awhile now, and part of the deal is that I wanted somewhere to display my State collection. Something I had been struggling with, though, is what to do about Leach. I mean, he’ll always have a place as a dawg, but let’s be real… for those of us that have spent decades following State sports, he’s not exactly in the JWS, Polk, Cristil pantheon.

Anyway, I finally decided that a simple mini-helmet with the commemorative pirate flag would be the way to go, so I ran to eBay and spent $25 on what I thought was the smaller desk sized helmet. Except it wasn’t

View attachment 359584

This little gumball machine sized piece of plastic barely fit my son’s WWE action figures, so now I guess it’ll only be good for the Rock’s next match with my kid’s Slambulance play set.

Your wife should just give you $25 cash in exchange for you letting it go so as to not embarrass her or the family again.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Don't get me started on eBay policies. I had to take a buyer to court because he charge backed a computer I sold him. Fortunately he was dumb enough to submit eBay messages the day the PC arrived saying everything was good. I sued him in court and someone claiming to be his father (yeah right) finally sent me the funds plus legal fees. Pay Pal and eBay said good luck when I asked them for help. Ebay is a hub for criminal activity.
I've noticed that the people (sellers) that get burned most are the people that sell the same crap that everybody else does. My items are typically unique, older, used or one of a kind and that kind of stuff seems to attract unique qualified buyers, not younger punks looking to shaft somebody. Its the new electronics, gaming, fake Gucci, phones etc sellers that get burned by them the most. Also anyone that sells Internationally is an idiot if they don't use the eBay International selling service. I ship to them in KY and they take it from there taking care of customs fees, shipping companies, everything. Buyers whine about it being more expensive for them but I've had zero charge backs or customers not get their stuff. I've never lost anything, I've had to accept a return a couple times but I always make them pay the return shipping.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

View attachment 359584

Yeah but the bigger question is, "do you have dolls", errrr, I mean "action figures". . . . . BTW, I saw that helmet as well and thought it was a mini helmet too. . . . .

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

View attachment 359584

The Lodge has the nice mini helmet with Pirate flag on it for $30. Better color too.
My kid really wants one, I’ll probably grab it eventually.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

View attachment 359584

I think this would look great as an addition to your "State collection" in your "home bar", its pirate related too so there's that

1688138657483.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login