OT: eForms and getting a can

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Has anyone actually had their wait shortened by using the new eForms?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I was actually at my local shop last Thursday and he mentioned that people were getting their paperwork back in less than a month where it used to take 4-6 months.

Reactions: aTotal360

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I was actually at my local shop last Thursday and he mentioned that people were getting their paperwork back in less than a month where it used to take 4-6 months.
I’m eight months in with 2 purchases and nothing.

SteelMule32

Nov 22, 2013
I have 2 cans. Did the paperwork sat and waited till they came in. 6 months on the first one and 5.5 on the second one. Waiting on a 3rd with E file and I’m about 90 days in.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
I’m 10 months in and have heard nothing. I call my shop about once a month to check, and nothing
Calling to check doesn’t help you. They don’t know anything that you don’t know. You can call the ATF directly and ask, but I wouldn’t. I waited right at 11 months on the last two I bought, but that was four years ago. Supposedly, they are catching up on their backlog and wait times are getting shorter. There’s no rhyme or reason. It’s literally up to the person who picks your paperwork up from the stack. Some are good and motivated. Some, not so much. I always told folks to buy the suppressor, apply for the stamp and then forget about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Car Ramrod.sixpack

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Calling to check doesn’t help you. They don’t know anything that you don’t know. You can call the ATF directly and ask, but I wouldn’t. I waited rig but at 11 months on the last two I bought, but that was four years ago. Supposedly, they are catching up on their backlog and wait times are getting shorter. There’s no rhyme or reason. It’s literally up to the person who picks your paperwork up from the stack. Some are good and motivated. Some, not so much. I always told folks to buy the suppressor, apply for the stamp and then forget about it.
Nice user name

Attachments

• FA65127E-A14E-409F-B200-172FD7910DED.jpeg
    FA65127E-A14E-409F-B200-172FD7910DED.jpeg
    313.8 KB · Views: 7

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I personaly know people that have had approvals in under 4 months.

Silencer Shop is your friend on keeping up with the current processing times.
Silencer Shop

Another good place to look is the NFA sub reddit.
reddit/NFA

My experience on paper form 4s, when you are getting a month so before the average wait time call the NFA at (304)616-4500. Don't directly ask them how much longer but ask if all the information on your form is complete and if they have everything they need. Never fails the next week I would get an email saying I was approved.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Silencer Shop

reddit/NFA

My experience on paper form 4s, when you are getting a month so before the average wait time call the NFA at (304)616-4500. Don't directly ask them how much longer but ask if all the information on your form is complete and if they have everything they need. Never fails the next week I would get an email saying I was approved.
That's who my orders are with. Good tip on the call. I'll try that. Thank you, sir.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022

Silencer Shop

reddit/NFA

That’s really good advice.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login