OT: Exercise/ fitness watches

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
I just got a Fitbit Charge 5 to replace a 5 year old Fitbit Charge 2. I'm happy with it and the price is right.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Apple watch, other than looking gay, works for me. Biggest con is they have to be recharged daily.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Thread 'OT: Old man BS'
https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/ot-old-man-bs.990252/

Cooterpoot’s thread (link above) has inspired me to get back to trying to exercise and lose weight. In the market for a new exercise/fitness watch. Had a Garmin forerunner that died. Looking for recommendations.
What do you want it to do? You can spend a lot or not much. I've had several from each end of the price spectrum and they always ultimately end up in a drawer somewhere with the battery run down. I've never seen a use for one in the gym, only when I'm out for a run and even then I didn't find much value other than tracking distance and time but I pretty much stick to the same routes and know how far and how long it typically takes me so I got to where I never used them at all.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Thread 'OT: Old man BS'
https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/ot-old-man-bs.990252/

Cooterpoot’s thread (link above) has inspired me to get back to trying to exercise and lose weight. In the market for a new exercise/fitness watch. Had a Garmin forerunner that died. Looking for recommendations.

I was Fitbit forever. My first Charge lasted forever. I got a Charge 5. It lasted less than a year. They replaced it with a new Charge 5. It lasted maybe a year. They offered me 30% off a new one. I went Apple watch 8, small face. I like it a lot better and it is at least as comfortable as my Charge 5.

Jul 5, 2020
I've used a Whoop for the last 4 years. I like it because I wear a regular watch and didn't want to give up on that. They make wearables that can be used on places other than your wrist now, which is interesting but I haven't tried.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I have Samsung Watch 2 and 3 that I wear interchangeably. I use the Underarmour app Mapmyrun for jogging/walking. Samsung has a great fitness app as well and I like the looks of the watches. Plenty of watch faces to download. Battery life on both is 2 days. I just switch watches while charging. Watch 2 & 3 have heart monitor Watch 3 has O2 sats, snoring monitor and all the fitness stuff you can imagine.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Apple watch, other than looking gay, works for me. Biggest con is they have to be recharged daily.
Yeah that’s me too. I’m not a fitness guru but it does what I need it to do and it also functions as a good GPS with Arccos for me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login