OT: FIRST Robotics Competitions

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Has anybody here attended one of these and/or have a kid that does it? My son joined his school's robotics team this year and it's been a great experience. We've gone to two of his district events and they qualified for the Texas State championship this week for the first time ever. The competitions are are a lot of fun to watch, especially once you understand the scoring. It's pretty impressive what a group of high schoolers can accomplish with these robots.

Reactions: dorndawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Has anybody here attended one of these and/or have a kid that does it? My son joined his school's robotics team this year and it's been a great experience. We've gone to two of his district events and they qualified for the Texas State championship this week for the first time ever. The competitions are are a lot of fun to watch, especially once you understand the scoring. It's pretty impressive what a group of high schoolers can accomplish with these robots.
It’s alot of fun and the kids have a blast. One of my daughters is probably going to do it when she gets into middle school.

Reactions: Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
The social misfits need healthy competition, too.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The social misfits need healthy competition, too.
I would have thought the same thing... Until I met this one kid.

I have a girl (senior in high school) that works for me who got a DUI at 15, is the captain of the cheerleading team, coached the middle school robotics team this year, made over 30 on her ACT, just finished scuba diving certification, filled her elk and mule deer tags this year, moonlights in the winter as a back country powder guide, and runs a ropes course/zipline for the Forest Service in the summer... She's probably the coolest high school chick that ever lived.

Reactions: HRMSU and Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login