OT: Five thumbs up for the MSU School of Veterinarian Animal Hospital in Flowood.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It feels like a human hospital, and they treat your pet as one. I agreed to let the 4th year students work on my wife's cat with a veterinarian supervising. We got a free X Ray and Blood work for that. They also gave me a Veterans Discount. The cost went from $510.00 to $314.00. Took really good care of my wife's cat got her fixed up.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
It feels like a human hospital, and they treat your pet as one. I agreed to let the 4th year students work on my wife's cat with a veterinarian supervising. We got a free X Ray and Blood work for that. They also gave me a Veterans Discount. The cost went from $510.00 to $314.00. Took really good care of my wife's cat got her fixed up.
Good story. I wonder if STATE's Vet School is ranked.

Hope your Wife's Cat is doing well but is there no joint custody or do you and the cat not get along?

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I don’t know ranking, but I do know that State’s CVM Graduates had a 98% pass rate on the final, national exam all graduating veterinarians must take, while the national avg was around 91%.

im sure the rankings are like everything else, dinged because “Mississippi” is in the name.

May 20, 2023
We took our dog that is allergic to everything under the sun to vegas and then to Flowood. We went round and round trying to get him straightened out and finally took him to Dr. Gunter in Vegas. She started him on a regiment of medicine/baths/new food and by the time we took him back to see her in Flowood, he was like new.

It is a time consuming process, especially the first visit (because the students are going thru their learning process) but damn they are life savers in more ways than one. And yes, Flowood is like a human’s hospital.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We took our dog that is allergic to everything under the sun to vegas and then to Flowood. We went round and round trying to get him straightened out and finally took him to Dr. Gunter in Vegas. She started him on a regiment of medicine/baths/new food and by the time we took him back to see her in Flowood, he was like new.

It is a time consuming process, especially the first visit (because the students are going thru their learning process) but damn they are life savers in more ways than one. And yes, Flowood is like a human’s hospital.
It took about 3 hours. They tell you up front it will take a while. We could have left, and they would call us, but we stayed.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Hope your Wife's Cat is doing well but is there no joint custody or do you and the cat not get along?
Cat is doing good. It's my wife's cat. I will go to bat for her pets. I hate to see her hurt. In 1995 she had a cat that got sick. It was going to cost 700.00 to heal it. I did not have the money and had to put him to sleep. I felt really guilty about it. I swore I would always scrap money up for her pets going forwards. Today we have plenty of money and I will spend it for her.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
********Got Pics???********

pillowtalkpinups art retro meow pin up GIF

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Most surprising thing about this is that hundreds of dollars was spent on a cat. The vet in Canton has free cats, for future reference. They’re interchangeable.

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
I agree this place is top notch. I had my French bulldog get very sick and pass away extremely quick but the way they operated and treated us during everything was top notch and very professional.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login