OT: Flowood restaurants

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Came in late last night and just grabbed canes, but I’m looking for a good burger. Just burgers. I get all the seafood I want on the coast, but there’s no great burger place. I’m here through Thursday morning, so I’m looking for two good burgers for my next two dinners.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Came in late last night and just grabbed canes, but I’m looking for a good burger. Just burgers. I get all the seafood I want on the coast, but there’s no great burger place. I’m here through Thursday morning, so I’m looking for two good burgers for my next two dinners.
Burger Burger isn't good? I've had it on my list to try based on recommendations.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
Babalu had a great one but they may have closed down
Baba burger - double meat.

Can’t go wrong with CS’s. Just a few miles west of Flowood

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
This is not really debatable. The best pure greasy burger is Stamp’s Superburgers. You must order it to go and go to the original.

The best gourmet burger is at Lou’s Full Serv in Belhaven.

kramer_192

Sep 15, 2012
Not sure of the burgers in Flowood.
Brandon
Nonna’s - lunch only, great burger and fries(best to me)
Burgers and Blues - (wife’s favorite)
Taste of Detroit had a good burger but don’t know if they are open

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
This is not really debatable. The best pure greasy burger is Stamp’s Superburgers. You must order it to go and go to the original.

The best gourmet burger is at Lou’s Full Serv in Belhaven.
LOU’s. Get the burger at Lou’s.

Unless you’re there for Thursday lunch, in which case you should get the porkchop special - best plate in Jackson.

Stamps is correct, but if you want a sit down meal, Lou’s burger is fantastic.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Best burger is probably Bulldog Burger in Ridgeland. I've been to Lou's and I was very underwhelmed (although it has a lot of hype).

CS's is more about nostalgia than the actual burger. For more nostalgia, try Beatty Street in Jxn (my favorite). Both of these plus Stamps (and really Lou's) are really not easy to get to from Flowood (assuming you are near the Old Fannin Rd area and wanting to wrap lunch up in a hour).

Mugshots and Burgers and Blues are both good, but Bulldog Burger is better.

The burger at A'ha Donuts in Purl gets a lot of recommendations, but I haven't tried it (again it's not easy to get to from Flowood).

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Believe it or not, one of the best hamburgers in Mississippi is at Fernando's. He has several locations in the area.

It's hand-patted and fresh. They've also got the best chips and salsa of any of the local Mexican places.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login