OT - For those with a kid who will be a HS Senior

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Are you guys getting literal books of promotional material from High Point University? 2-3 times per week we will get a multipage glossy pamphlet from them. We are in central MS and none of us have ever heard of HPU, nor has my child ever expressed any interest in them or sent his SAT/ACT scores to them. There's no telling how much they've spent sending stuff to us.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
My boy graduated in 23 , and I remember all those solicitation materials from HPU. We both looked at each other and said "Who is that?"

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Are you guys getting literal books of promotional material from High Point University? 2-3 times per week we will get a multipage glossy pamphlet from them. We are in central MS and none of us have ever heard of HPU, nor has my child ever expressed any interest in them or sent his SAT/ACT scores to them. There's no telling how much they've spent sending stuff to us.
The university president’s brother owns a printing company

oh yeah

Aug 28, 2017
No. But we are getting a lot from York college in PA. The rest though, is the same.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Are you Methodist? Maybe they get UMC rosters?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Nope.
But we do get countless letters and pamphlets and material from a few colleges that my kid has never shown interest in. Been getting the stuff for nearly 2 years now, without a hint of interest from our side.

I want to contact them and tell them to stop, but am half concerned they will take that as confirmation it's actually going to a real person and double their efforts.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

I’d love to see people complain similarly about Mississippi State University.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Butch Thompson was their head coach for about 2 weeks before accepting our PC job.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I've often wondered where the money comes from to advertise for these schools nobody's heard of. Especially those who do on national TV.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
Sure, you’ve heard of High Point - they ended Vandy’s season this year:

First time I heard of High Point was when they beat Ole Miss in baseball earlier this year. I immediately became an honorary High Point Panther.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login