OT: For you Farmers

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Is this true?

We’ve seen hay prices in the state of Texas go from what we would call normal for a high-quality bail of hay of about 55 dollars a bail… we have seen that increase from 120 to 125 dollars a bail," Maxwell said.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Wife’s nephew bales hay and sells it In north Ms. Someone from Texas was giving him $50 per bale and paying someone $25 per bale to haul it to Texas. It was crap hay, he was baling every pasture, field, and strip of grass he could find. My daddy wouldn’t have fed it to his cows unless he had a gun to his head which I guess cattle farmers kinda did in Texas this year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah, we had a LOT of empty fields out here over the past year. I was told a lot of ranchers out here just sold off their cattle because it didn't make financial sense to keep them with hay either non-existent or with prices gone crazy.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
The current administration and bill gates are no friends to American farmers and ranchers.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And the ignorant voters keep electing them. Just look at the two idiots running for president.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
And the ignorant voters keep electing them. Just look at the two idiots running for president.
One can't run his cell phone anymore, and the other one turns into a Roomba whenever he finishes any 'speech' on stage.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
No one has hay in the south. Drought in mid to late summer smoked the last two cuttings of hay.
Yep. I worked a herd of cows Friday morning for a guy that said he had to compete with guys all the way from Texas just to buy gin trash from TriCounty Gin near Crowder. They have been Biblically dry around that area this year…this past farm call was the first time I’d seen mud down there since spring.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login