OT - Friendly reminder

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
If you haven’t been to a dermatologist in a while, might be a good time to schedule an appointment. I’d been avoiding it but finally had a spot on my thigh checked out not long ago. Was 100% convinced it was just a mole but turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma.

Thankfully it wasn’t very large and those kinds of carcinomas don’t tend to be a big deal but the doctor still had to cut a small chunk out of my thigh to get all the cancerous cells.

So, even if you don’t spend a lot of time outside (I certainly don’t thanks to my cushy desk job), I’d encourage you to go get checked out.

PRAVan1996

Mar 7, 2023
meet GIF

Sorry. This is all I could think about after reading that.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
We’re all paying the price for poor treatment of our skin (if you’re pigmentally-challenged like I am). I’m the younges patient in my doctor’s office by about 20 years.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Great advice. Get an annual check up, especially if you've enjoyed a life outdoors. Men over 50 need to get the annual PSA tests too. Prostate cancer kills about as many men as women die from breast cancer although we don't get nearly the same attention and research money. Get healthy. At least walk regularly (it protects against dementia) and lose weight. Also, once you reach 50, get your plumbing checked at the gastroenterologist (don't worry, you'll be asleep when your violated). There's a lot of research that shows men, compared to women, are the sicker sex, one reason we die about 6-7 years before women on average. Take care of yourself to enjoy your life and to continue coming here to support the Dawgs and argue with fellow Bulldogs over some political and cultural threads that sneak in once in a while.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Great advice. Get an annual check up, especially if you've enjoyed a life outdoors. Men over 50 need to get the annual PSA tests too. Prostate cancer kills about as many men as women die from breast cancer although we don't get nearly the same attention and research money. Get healthy. At least walk regularly (it protects against dementia) and lose weight. Also, once you reach 50, get your plumbing checked at the gastroenterologist (don't worry, you'll be asleep when your violated). There's a lot of research that shows men, compared to women, are the sicker sex, one reason we die about 6-7 years before women on average. Take care of yourself to enjoy your life and to continue coming here to support the Dawgs and argue with fellow Bulldogs over some political and cultural threads that sneak in once in a while.
We should all follow the example of @PooPopsBaldHead
Pretty sure he said he gets his prostate checked at least once a week.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login