OT: fruit trees

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Looking for somewhere online that sells cheap fruit trees. Can be bare root or potted. Anyone got an in on trees??

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
"Cheap" means different things to different people, but I've had good luck with Willis Orchards. Shipping can be kind of expensive for a single tree, but if you're ordering a few it's not so bad. I planted several bare root apple trees from them years ago and they've done well. They'll ship in the spring when it's time to plant.

Oct 17, 2023
Don't know how they compare cost wise, but these guys were recommended to me. I bought 30 assorted bare root fruit and chestnut trees last spring and planted them at my place. I bought apple, crab apple, peach, pear and chestnut. Only one died in the drought last year, it may have gotten sprayed by accident. We did water them a couple times a month by hauling 55 gallon drums of water around. Built little circular mounds a couple of inches high around each tree with about a 18 inch diameter to keep the water at the tree. It took several hours each day to water them all.

We did use the root coating that they sell and recommend. Don't know if it helped or not.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
"Cheap" means different things to different people, but I've had good luck with Willis Orchards. Shipping can be kind of expensive for a single tree, but if you're ordering a few it's not so bad. I planted several bare root apple trees from them years ago and they've done well. They'll ship in the spring when it's time to plant.
Cheap in price. Not quality. Lol

i bought 20 acres and want to plant fruit trees down a fence line. Getting ready for the zombie apocalypse and/or elections. Gotta have some food when we all turn on each other

Reactions: Boom Boom
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login