OT: George and Tammy

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Anyone watch the series on Showtime ?
Tonight was the season finale.
Thought it was well written and incredibly done.
Micheal Shannon as George was awesome as was the girl that played Tammy.
He was introduced at the CMA’s back in November but she wasn’t there for whatever reason.
I know you have to be about 45 or older to appreciate those two and their music but their music was Country. Didn’t get much better than that.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
He was introduced at the CMA’s back in November but she wasn’t there for whatever reason.
I know you have to be about 45 or older to appreciate those two and their music but their music was Country. Didn’t get much better than that.
“The girl that played Tammy” is Oscar-winner Jessica Chastain.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I'm liking it overall.

It's painful to watch the drinking scenes, Because of how well they are done.
Jessica chastain is a badass. She played Tammy Faye last year and looks totally different... still hot.

Reactions: theoriginalSALTYdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
The series has been awesome thus far. I haven't watched the finale' yet but I'm looking forward to it. Yeah, both Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain's performances are award worthy.

Not sure if there are any Monroe County dogs here but ole No Show Jones was arrested in the Grubb Springs community of Monroe County back in the late 70's or early 80's. I've heard deputies that were on the force at that time talk about it. Ole George was deep in the bottle and absolutely hammered and ran in a ditch and spent the night in the drunk tank in Aberdeen.

How the man lived as long as he did before he took "The Grand Tour" is an absolute miracle.

Last edited:

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Little known fact, Their daughter attended State briefly.
I had heard that but didnt' know if it was true or urban legend. I believe her name was Georgette Jones. Course Tammy was from Itawamba County. If you're around the Fulton area sometime drive over to the Tammy Wynette museum in her home town of Tremont, MS. Little restaurant there with a lot of her memorabilia inside. Pretty cool if you like classic country.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
It wasn’t as good as I thought it could have been. Still good - not great

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The series has been awesome thus far. I haven't watched the finale' yet but I'm looking forward to it. Yeah, both Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain's performances are award worthy.

Not sure if there are any Monroe County dogs here but ole No Show Jones was arrested in the Grubb Springs community of Monroe County back in the late 70's or early 80's. I've heard deputies that were on the force at that time talk about it. Ole George was deep in the bottle and absolutely hammered and ran in a ditch and spent the night in the drunk tank in Aberdeen.

How the man lived as long as he did before he took "The Grand Tour" is an absolute miracle.
Wrecked in the ditch in front of the house of the man who became my father in law. He swiped the floor mats out of George’s Lincoln, may have been a Cadillac, I don’t remember. He’d bring those floor mats out from time to time like they were a family heirloom and tell the story of drunk George in the ditch.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I recognize George Jones is a Country music legend, but I personally couldn't stand his singing. I was (and still am) a big fan of Ray Price, Eddie Arnold, Marty Robbins, Hank Williams Sr., Jim Reeves & Don Williams when it comes to male Country singers.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Wrecked in the ditch in front of the house of the man who became my father in law. He swiped the floor mats out of George’s Lincoln, may have been a Cadillac, I don’t remember. He’d bring those floor mats out from time to time like they were a family heirloom and tell the story of drunk George in the ditch.
Cool Story bro........

Johnny Cash was arrested in Starkville in the mid 60's after performing at State......Surely everyone here knows that story though.........

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login