OT: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Just got back from the movie theater. Took my son to see it. I was a big Ghostbusters fan when I was a kid. He loves it and so did I. The first half of the movie is really slow. By the end I guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face. Check it out.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I loved it, and after watching some youtube videos about it I want to go see it again for details I missed. How does this board feel about posting spoilers?

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
People have been posting spoilers in the 2nd quarter about how our games will turn out for years, so I think they’re allowed/encouraged

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I heard it was good. How did they miss this release before Halloween?

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Full on nostalgia, but still brings in new characters, and the kid actors were all great.

It's directed by Jason Reitman, who is the son of Ivan Reitman, who helmed the 1984 and 1989 Ghostbusters (as well as Stripes), and I really liked how he handled things. Similar score as the original, heavy use of practical effects, good humor, great photography, etc. Outside of "Ray's Occult" bookstore, they basically ignore the events of the '89 sequel (which is good, IMO, tho I still like that movie). And I think they handled the absence of Harold Ramis (died in 2014 from cancer) pretty well.

Last edited:

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Did you not see the river of psychoactive slime surrounding the temple? Yes the sequel is cannon and in play.

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013
Of course I did, lol. I also saw the toaster (that dances in II) sitting on the kitchen table. They obviously included numerous Easter Eggs to the film, but that's it.

For example Rudd's character mentioned the giant marshmallow-man and they showed Youtube clips from the original, but didn't mention a walking animated Statue of Liberty, lol....one would think that would stand out in his mind, aye?

I still love II, btw...grew up with it...but it paled in comparison to I; even the cast/writers/director felt the same.

Btw, I actually have an 11x7 poster of Vigo the Carpathian in my office, lol....

"Death is but a door; time is but a window; I'LL BE BACK!"

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013
And just to add, I never said Ghostbusters II wasn't still considered cannon; I just said they didn't mention the events from it in Afterlife.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login