OT: Gladiator II.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Very underwhelming. Why the new age hip hop rock n roll? Afraid the kids won't show up if you throw in the incredible classic Hans Zimmer? This looks like a Netflix movie at best and a fan made trailer at worst.

Or maybe I just can't flush Napoleon from my memory.
The world’s changing. Maybe you are just old and crotchety. I thought the trailer was great and I can’t wait to see the movie when it comes out. If it sucks, I’ll admit it later.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The bar is no longer very high for movies, especially some of the stuff on Prime Video. I ran across a Civil War movie the other day and it looked like a high school play, one of the female actors had a nose ring! I made it about 10 minutes.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The bar is no longer very high for movies, especially some of the stuff on Prime Video. I ran across a Civil War movie the other day and it looked like a high school play, one of the female actors had a nose ring! I made it about 10 minutes.
This is ludicrous. Perhaps you have not seen the masterpiece titled Madame Web. It is cinema sir.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I'll watch it at home. Don't do movies that often unless the kid has something she has to watch.

However, I'm going to see see Twisters opening weekend. I have an itch to see a nader bust through a chemical plant and turn into a fire nader in all its IMAX glory.

Reactions: FormerBully

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Just what the world needs: another 4 hour Ridley Scott film.

Still, nice cinematography.

the "Who are you?" line should have been followed by " Denzel 17n Washington! Now who the 17 are you?"

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Very underwhelming. Why the new age hip hop rock n roll? Afraid the kids won't show up if you throw in the incredible classic Hans Zimmer? This looks like a Netflix movie at best and a fan made trailer at worst.

Or maybe I just can't flush Napoleon from my memory.
The original Gladiator trailer used "Bawitdaba".

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What was the name of the Civil War movie?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Why? It has been a long time.

I don't know why I'm asking this, but I think almost every movie project is a sequel or based on some other previous movie. This season is a sequel.

The days of original movies are about just about in the past.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They managed to make folks not want to see Sydney Sweeney.
If we did a thread about all of the errors, flaws, and bad movie making in that movie, it would rival a political/religious/Orange Beach food recommendation thread in length.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I'll watch it at home. Don't do movies that often unless the kid has something she has to watch.

However, I'm going to see see Twisters opening weekend. I have an itch to see a nader bust through a chemical plant and turn into a fire nader in all its IMAX glory.
I haven’t been to the movies in years and I do not plan on missing Twisters!!

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Really missed out on calling it "Gladiator2: Gladilater"
I think all sequels should be called Electric Boogaloo. Unfortunately the actual JCVD dancing GIF of that movie is not an option so this will have to suffice.
dance moves GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I still don't think they should have made it. And they made some really poor choices with editing and with music. Denzel Washington is always good and it seems like every movie has Pascal in it.

I'll wait till it comes out on home video to watch it anyway it has not made my list of"have to see it in the theater" movies like Deadpool/Wolverine and Twister. I want to see Twister because I remember in 1995 going to see the original at the theater, and also my wife wants to see it with me.

It's really a great movie year for sequels and remakes if you're into that… I'm not into that, at least not on this scale.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

We wait to watch them at home. We aren't exposed to the COVID and we are saving the planet by not burning fossil fuel. Twister looks like the same as the original sans firenado. They should have included a water spout with whales and sharks attacking the locals.

• Haha
Reactions: ckDOG
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login