OT: GoTG3 (No Spoilers)

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I took my son to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 last night. Without giving any plot points away, I’ll say this:

1. It takes a little while to get its footing, but when it does, it really moves.

2. It’s really good and kind of a perfect way to end the trilogy.

3. I don’t know that I’ve ever really gone through a full gamut of emotions ranging from elated to devastated in a Marvel movie like I did last night. The highs were mountaintops of joy and the lows were 17ing heart-breaking chasms that stretched below sea-level.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
I thought it was fantastic. Pretty much everything Thor L&T and Ant Man got wrong, James Gunn nailed. Great tone, humor, drama. Marvel “needed” this.

Reactions: Dawgg

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
I am Groot!

I liked it also. Thought it was well-done and the characters are all interesting.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’m looking forward to seeing it at some point and hope it’s a big hit, Marvel has lost a lot of momentum since Endgame. Which probably shouldn’t be a huge surprise, but they’ve had more misses than hits recently, IMO.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I’m looking forward to seeing it at some point and hope it’s a big hit, Marvel has lost a lot of momentum since Endgame. Which probably shouldn’t be a huge surprise, but they’ve had more misses than hits recently, IMO.
They’re all still good movies though. Well, except for the Eternals. It’s definitely gone a different route though. I watch the Disney shows, but it’s getting to be a lot to keep up with.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
They’re all still good movies though. Well, except for the Eternals. It’s definitely gone a different route though. I watch the Disney shows, but it’s getting to be a lot to keep up with.

I almost feel like they needed a break for a few years after Endgame, or to not roll out so much at once. I know that’s not how entertainment works, if something is making boatloads of money then the studios are going to keep pumping it out. But it feels like they’ve now over saturated the market, and people have Marvel fatigue because it’s almost impossible to keep up with it all.

I’ll be honest, I generally did a good job of keeping up until the second Doctor Strange movie that come out last year. Didn’t really like it, and after that I’ve kinda checked out.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I almost feel like they needed a break for a few years after Endgame, or to not roll out so much at once. I know that’s not how entertainment works, if something is making boatloads of money then the studios are going to keep pumping it out. But it feels like they’ve now over saturated the market, and people have Marvel fatigue because it’s almost impossible to keep up with it all.

I’ll be honest, I generally did a good job of keeping up until the second Doctor Strange movie that come out last year. Didn’t really like it, and after that I’ve kinda checked out.
I've been keeping up with it all, and still plan to as long as it doesn't start tanking. I will say though, it was really hard for me to watch Ms Marvel. The direction they seem to be going isn't centered around what is the best storyline and characters, but how can we introduce more culturally and socially diverse characters and women. And I don't really give two ***** about the women characters they are using, except Wanda. Wanda was bad ***. Hopefully a lot of what's happening is a result of Disney being led by Chapek, and Iger can get things back on track and let Feige just do his thing.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs
Aug 22, 2012
I've been keeping up with it all, and still plan to as long as it doesn't start tanking. I will say though, it was really hard for me to watch Ms Marvel. The direction they seem to be going isn't centered around what is the best storyline and characters, but how can we introduce more culturally and socially diverse characters and women. And I don't really give two ***** about the women characters they are using, except Wanda. Wanda was bad ***. Hopefully a lot of what's happening is a result of Disney being led by Chapek, and Iger can get things back on track and let Feige just do his thing.
My wife dislikes Brie Larson so I might have to drag her to the new one coming out. GoTG 3 was fantastic. Best Marvel movie in a while. I did like Shang Chi but Doc Strange was just ok and Eternals sucked.

Reactions: GomJabbar

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Was going to say the same thing. The Infinity Saga was great but Marvel definitely should have given it a little more breathing space before starting the next phase of movies. Especially since there are so many new characters. That said, I've really enjoyed the tv shows for the most part. Loki was outstanding. As was Hawkeye. And I really liked WandaVision just because so much of it was unique. I'm really looking forward to Loki season 2 and the WandaVision spin off about Agatha Harkness.

And I kinda feel the same way about all the Star Wars stuff. I generally enjoy it all but it's hard to keep up with everything, both in terms of how much is out there (I'm a few TV series behind at this point) and how it all connects. I find myself having to look up when each series is set relative to the movies.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Just got back from GotG3… it wrecked me and my high school age daughter on 2 separate occasions.

Easily the best marvel movie since Endgame.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login