OT: Grocery prices falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
The headline is a little bs since these records only go back 10 years, but still nice to see something getting cheaper.

View attachment 646787

Not sure where you are shopping, LoL.

Things are still pretty damn expensive.

But we get to watch a millionaire and a billionaire talk to us tonight about how things are either not bad, or will get better.....as if it affects them.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
The headline is a little bs since these records only go back 10 years, but still nice to see something getting cheaper.

View attachment 646787

Interesting , boat prices are way down due to no demand, and oil lower too.
Whoever wins November probably deals with a recession.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
The majority of commodities are down. I'm not sure it will be an actual recession, but we've certainly been defying gravity for a long spell. I wouldn't be surprised to see stocks take a beating for a few weeks coming up.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Already have.
In some places .50-.60c per gallon in last month.
Yep

Unsurprising that it’s going down (it would have eventually as prices are cyclical — summer gas costs more)

Not sure if the decrease is in line with historical trends though.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why do you say that? It won’t be in the housing market, as supply is still low there and the rates will be decreasing soon. Farther and farther we get from the pandemic, prices are stabilizing on goods and food as supply increases. I even suspect fast food prices decrease as many of the high priced labor is laid off due to automation/AI.

Tech will continue to increase. I think the next president has a fairly easy job as far as the country goes. Stock market will likely do better under Drumpf though, since Mamala is talking about taxing the shlt out of them.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Reactions: tbaydog and Marler

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Interest rates are melting. If you're thinking about buying a new home nows the time. Builders are going to start raising prices in stable markets as they continue dropping.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Personally, I’m thankful that Biden finally decided to press the “make things cheaper” button.*
On year, I saved $0.07 cents on my 4th of July hot dogs from the prior year, and it was touted as significant. Even more amazing is that I don’t 17ing eat hot dogs, but still such savings.****

Reactions: Marler

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
So, are you saying I can go back to the meat counter again?
I've seen several just shake their heads there, and just walk off.

I am not set and ready to celebrate just yet, we shall see.
A lot of damage has been done.
Beef prices are likely headed up again :(

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
can we ask for grocery companies to be indicted for the price gouging? get them in front of congress

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Once again, it proves that as we approach an election, every politician becomes more MOR and agrees with every issue they need to. The minute they get elected, they forget about what they promised.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Why do you say that? It won’t be in the housing market, as supply is still low there and the rates will be decreasing soon. Farther and farther we get from the pandemic, prices are stabilizing on goods and food as supply increases. I even suspect fast food prices decrease as many of the high priced labor is laid off due to automation/AI.

Tech will continue to increase. I think the next president has a fairly easy job as far as the country goes. Stock market will likely do better under Drumpf though, since Mamala is talking about taxing the shlt out of them.
Decreased demand of disposable income items, and oil seems to show a slowing economy. I hope you are right and JPowell gets the soft landing.

Stock markets have done better under dem presidents and republicans congress, they cancel out and keep status quo.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
can we ask for grocery companies to be indicted for the price gouging? get them in front of congress
No, because that hasn't happened. It's just one of MANY lies Harris and the Dems tell every day. If there had been, there would already have been charges, etc. Approx 40 states have laws protecting consumers from price-gouging. Not one of them has even hinted at bringing a charge.

There is no price gouging. It is simply due to the inflation caused by irresponsible spending, especially on stupid **** and vote-buying.

You think gas prices are high? Imagine what they would be if the Biden-Harris admin had not raided and nearly depleted our strategic oil supply. They did that for their personal political benefit, knowing gas prices were going to bury them politically. Think about that. Dems are so power-hungry they have no problem literally putting our country and the world at large in increased danger by having our military unable to sustain a war that the Dems sure seem to be steering us ever closer to.

That reserve was never meant to be used by a political party to artificially reduce gas prices long-term as the Dems have done. It's unconscionable!

On top of that, food prices and just about everything else would be much high that the already high prices because gas prices impact that as well.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009

Goat demonstrates his ignorance yet A-GAIN…

Marler

Apr 9, 2017
No, because that hasn't happened. It's just one of MANY lies Harris and the Dems tell every day. If there had been, there would already have been charges, etc. Approx 40 states have laws protecting consumers from price-gouging. Not one of them has even hinted at bringing a charge.

There is no price gouging. It is simply due to the inflation caused by irresponsible spending, especially on stupid **** and vote-buying.

You think gas prices are high? Imagine what they would be if the Biden-Harris admin had not raided and nearly depleted our strategic oil supply. They did that for their personal political benefit, knowing gas prices were going to bury them politically. Think about that. Dems are so power-hungry they have no problem literally putting our country and the world at large in increased danger by having our military unable to sustain a war that the Dems sure seem to be steering us ever closer to.

That reserve was never meant to be used by a political party to artificially reduce gas prices long-term as the Dems have done. It's unconscionable!

On top of that, food prices and just about everything else would be much high that the already high prices because gas prices impact that as well.

Also the next administration is going to need to buy oil to fill it back up. I’m sure everyone will put the blame where it belongs***
Always pushing the problem on someone else.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

View attachment 646787

Do I wanna see things get cheaper? Yes. Do I worry when prices across the board “tumble”? Yes I do.

Prices fall due to slowing demand. And couple that with savings rates being way down and credit card balances very high.. signs are pointing to a bit of a rough spot soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login