OT: Hardy/Wilson in Brandon

AlSwearengen2

Nov 29, 2022
tickets went on sale Friday but I forgot to look then. I just went this morning (sun) and holy ****. Everything is basically bought up but you can get a “cheap” ticket thru resale for $160. How much were the cheapest tickets when they went on sale Friday? Is the demand b/c he is a local boy? Is it b/c Laney Wilson has gotten hot lately? I know Saturday concerts a little more anyway, but I was surprised at the ticket situation.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
tickets went on sale Friday but I forgot to look then. I just went this morning (sun) and holy ****. Everything is basically bought up but you can get a “cheap” ticket thru resale for $160. How much were the cheapest tickets when they went on sale Friday? Is the demand b/c he is a local boy? Is it b/c Laney Wilson has gotten hot lately? I know Saturday concerts a little more anyway, but I was surprised at the ticket situation.
It’s the way ticket sales are now. Bots buy all the tickets and then they put them on the resale market at a much higher price.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, Laney is Hot!

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

I was halfway interested— mostly because of Laney Wilson— but expected a higher price so I didn’t try.

It’s at the point when it’s a show you really want to go to that you pretty much have to do the presale route in order to get tickets.

Hardy may be a local kid to a lot of folks here but he’s a nationally recognized talent. Laney is outstanding too.

(now let’s cue Grandpa Simpson and that cloud gif…)
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

It’s the way ticket sales are now. Bots buy all the tickets and then they put them on the resale market at a much higher price.

Yep. There are shows I’ve wanted to attend where this has happened. Fortunately most of the gigs I attend are at smaller venues.

Brandon Amphitheater is operated by Live Nation (via Red Mountain — its subsidiary) so I’ve expected this to happen here more often than it has. It’s something I’ve come to associate more with venues tied to major outfits.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I was going to buy tickets to see Aerosmith and Black Crowes in Atlanta later this year. Tickets sold out in less than 15 minutes. Went back later in the day and cheapest ticket I could find was close to $1k. That was a hard pass.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

vicksburg

Sep 28, 2022
i got 3 tickets thru presale on Thursday with some code my wife got somehow for $63 each plus fees. Total ended up being about $80 per ticket in the end... so they are trying to double their money.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But Ticketmaster and all the others have been saying they "have standards in place to prevent that", you don't believe them?**

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tried to get Childers tickets tried presale couldn't get them. Resale was for 600+ nope not paying that was a concert one ticket.

Hardy and Wilson on gulf coast is much cheaper in December

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Tried to get Childers tickets tried presale couldn't get them. Resale was for 600+ nope not paying that was a concert one ticket.
Childers tickets this spring and summer have been crazy.

I tried getting in, had the same issues as you, and I’ve been wanting to see him for years— I had a GA ticket for his show with Sturgill at Landers that was canceled because of Covid.

At least I have a really strong alternative that same night.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yep the Fillmore show in Nola sold out in seconds I got put in the queue. Never made it. The resale was just stupid. Not worth it. I have too much good music regularly that it's not worth paying that much.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
i got 3 tickets thru presale on Thursday with some code my wife got somehow for $63 each plus fees. Total ended up being about $80 per ticket in the end... so they are trying to double their money.
Same here, my wife got us three tickets but the tickets were going so fast it took her several times to get them. Hardy puts on a hell of a show and we knew this concert would sell out in no time.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Childers tickets this spring and summer have been crazy.

I tried getting in, had the same issues as you, and I’ve been wanting to see him for years— I had a GA ticket for his show with Sturgill at Landers that was canceled because of Covid.

At least I have a really strong alternative that same night.
They were talking about ticket prices for Taylor Swift. She is in the NJ and Massachusetts area and tickets in the nosebleeds start at $1400 and $1600 range. Holy $****!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login