OT: Hidden gem in Meridian…

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
So I’m passing thru MS today and forego eating at Fins in Laurel just because I wasn’t hungry when passing there and decide to go on to Meridian to get a po-boy. Didn’t know if I could even find a good po-boy in Meridian but
YELP directs me to Seafood Express.
In a dingy looking, little gas station is this Seafood Express.
I almost didn’t get to sample the fried catfish po-boy because the fried chicken and potato logs looked so damn good.
My buddy traveling with me got the half n half po-boy, oysters and shrimp.
Oysters were a little over fried but the shrimp was spot on as was the catfish.
I can’t believe as many threads as we’ve had on eating establishments that I’ve not heard about this place.
After I get my cholesterol down 20 points I’ll get back and sample the fried chicken and gizzards out of this little gas station off Hwy 39 in Meridian.
Bon-appetite!

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2009
You're leaving us hanging on your road trip review without telling us the best pit stop aferwards for the inevitable blowout.

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Now this is a thread I can get behind. We need a list of the best gas station fried chicken, gizzards, and tater logs in the sip.

Reactions: was21

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Now this is a thread I can get behind. We need a list of the best gas station fried chicken, gizzards, and tater logs in the sip.
That’s easy. The best chicken livers and gizzards are at the Texaco in Aberdeen Ms on the corner of Hwy 45 and Darracot Road. The best chicken strips are in Buckatunna at Crazy K’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSBGDog

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
So I’m passing thru MS today and forego eating at Fins in Laurel just because I wasn’t hungry when passing there and decide to go on to Meridian to get a po-boy. Didn’t know if I could even find a good po-boy in Meridian but
I almost didn’t get to sample the fried catfish po-boy because the fried chicken and potato logs looked so damn good.
I can’t believe as many threads as we’ve had on eating establishments that I’ve not heard about this place.
After I get my cholesterol down 20 points I’ll get back and sample the fried chicken and gizzards out of this little gas station off Hwy 39 in Meridian.
Bon-appetite!
Yeah it's pretty good. I avoid it around noon tho as it's usually covered up.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
The chicken strips at the gas station at the I55 exit in Como are the best I've ever had.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
The best chicken strips are in Buckatunna at Crazy K’s.
Gonna have to try those this weekend. Drive through there going to the games, but never stop.

Gautier rec: Fayard’s has good poyboys and fried chicken. But if you drive south about a half mile, there is a small Asian owned convenience store on the left (east) side of Gautier-Vancleave Road. Really good food and the lady hand rolls the spring rolls…

Reactions: SSBGDog

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
Completely agree with a list of best gas station food... but do we really have to start calling it the sip? It just feels like what kids coming from out of state to party on daddy's money would call it.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
It honestly may be the best po-boy in the state. its a ******** but damn good

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Being from that area I've eaten at the Seafood Express, and know the family well. They are Vietnamese who came to the coast during the Vietnam War. That's where the fresh seafood comes from. They are good people, but as previously mentioned that is a sketchy neighborhood. The store gets robbed 2 or 3 times a year. It's by far the best po boy I've ever eaten.

was21

May 29, 2007
Completely agree with a list of best gas station food... but do we really have to start calling it the sip? It just feels like what kids coming from out of state to party on daddy's money would call it.
Sip is what Kiffin calls it, so it must be ok***

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
That’s easy. The best chicken livers and gizzards are at the Texaco in Aberdeen Ms on the corner of Hwy 45 and Darracot Road. The best chicken strips are in Buckatunna at Crazy K’s.
Hey random question: is Topps bbq still around in Aberdeen? I haven’t been there in 20 years but used to love me some Topps.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
All y’all getting chicken strips at these honorable establishments are crazy. The fried wings are elite in MS gas stations.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Man I stopped there (Crazy K) on the way back from the A&M game. Damn what a good meat and 3. I got the country fried steak.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Hey random question: is Topps bbq still around in Aberdeen? I haven’t been there in 20 years but used to love me some Topps.
Yep, he’s still there. I used to stop in for rib tips and smoked snoots going hunting. He’s moved from 20 years ago. He’s in front of what was once Wal Mart.

Reactions: 3407Dewey

mdndog1966

Oct 6, 2014
Being from that area I've eaten at the Seafood Express, and know the family well. They are Vietnamese who came to the coast during the Vietnam War. That's where the fresh seafood comes from. They are good people, but as previously mentioned that is a sketchy neighborhood. The store gets robbed 2 or 3 times a year. It's by far the best po boy I've ever eaten.
You are right about the family. Good folks

ClintonInHelen

Feb 25, 2008
Bon-appetite!
I’d hit it…

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010

Sorry to offend (not really). I'm over 50, and actually like the nickname (don't care much for Kiffin though). Born and raised in the great state and daddy was short on the dough. Should I call it Pissy or Missy in your honor?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login