OT: His/her CCW

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Both of these options are very solid, can't go wrong. If a thumb safety is important to you (I like them on CCs, especially for an inexperienced person), that further limits your options.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
I carry a G43 in an Mission First IWB holster. I'm a big guy and it is very comfortable for me. I sometimes forget I have it on. I went with the 43 over X because the grip is shorter and doesn't poke out at all. It's invisible in shorts and a t-shirt.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If you going with a conceal Glock. 43 is small and only offers a single stack. 43x is only slightly better,

Go with sig 365, Springfield hellcat, or a shield plus. All have decent small size and better mag capacity. On the extended mag of the hellcat you can get 15 in a very small gun.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I would lean towards the Sig P365x also. Somehow if defies physics and puts a double stack 9mm in an inch wide frame. I have a Walther PPS m2 that I have used for years and that i decided on for IWB CCW because of the narrow frame. However, I would shoot some guns first to see which feels better to you and yours. I also had to go to a red dot sight because I don't have time to put on readers to see my sights.

Holster wise for my IWB I bought a fairly inexpensive Kydex holster with a metal clip formed for my PPS. But again try some. I have a buddy who is a cop and he carries off duty with one of those soft IWB holsters like Urban Carry G3

Last edited:

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
Good stuff - anyone ankle carry?
I carried a J-Frame revolver on my ankle for a little while. I don’t care for it as a primary carry method. It’s not comfortable and it leaves your pistol in about the most inconvenient place possible if you are fighting for your life. I greatly prefer a small pistol in a pocket holster or an IWB holster at the 5 o’clock position. I’ve got a Glock 43 and a Sig P365X. I’ve been through about every possible concealed carry pistol you can imagine. None of them are perfect, but the P365 and Hellcat seem to have the fewest compromises.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Usually people who are undecided

About pronouns, are also anti gun. I’m glad we are crossing the aisle with this issue.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I carry, when I carry, a pre UAW strike Colt Cobra or a Ruger LC9. Those two also reside in my nightstand while I keep a Bulgarian Makarov in my couch cushions, where I usually sit. I also keep a pre UAW strike Colt Detective Special in the kitchen. Just in case I pull my dinner out of the fridge and it isn't completely dead.

SteelMule32

Nov 22, 2013
Springfield Hellcat and North American Arms .22 magnum pocket revolver. If I need more than that, I am out gunned anyway.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The best gun is going to be the biggest gun you can or will comfortably carry and that's going to vary from season to season and outfit to outfit. My carry guns range from a North American 22 micro revolver to a 1911 45acp. More often than not, I'll either have the NA 22, a Kahr CW 380, or a SIG 938. Since I've retired I've sworn off pants that require a belt so a big gun pulls my britches down.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I carry, when I carry, a pre UAW strike Colt Cobra or a Ruger LC9. Those two also reside in my nightstand while I keep a Bulgarian Makarov in my couch cushions, where I usually sit. I also keep a pre UAW strike Colt Detective Special in the kitchen. Just in case I pull my dinner out of the fridge and it isn't completely dead.

Damn do you live in Pritchard?

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
I had to get rid of my shield, as I couldn't load the magazines to capacity unless I used one of those special gadgets. You don't have that problem?

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Ruger LCP II, .380, in a pocket holster with an outside panel of leather that disguises the shape.

hereugo

Feb 23, 2008
I live in Jackson and I carry everyday & everywhere. If I am wearing a suit or sport coat/jacket I carry Glock G19 Gen 3 IWB. If I am not wearing a coat, etc.,I carry M&P Shield + in my pocket. When I exercise/walk I utilize a belly holster which is very comfortable and it is able to carry either the Glock or the M&P

Sep 18, 2014
If you going with a conceal Glock. 43 is small and only offers a single stack. 43x is only slightly better,

Go with sig 365, Springfield hellcat, or a shield plus. All have decent small size and better mag capacity. On the extended mag of the hellcat you can get 15 in a very small gun.

The Hellcat Pro comes with a 15 round flush-fit mag. I need to go to a shop to see how concealable it is.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
For CCW, I highly recommend a set of matching Taurus Raging Hunters in 460 S&W Magnum.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I live in Jackson and I carry everyday & everywhere. If I am wearing a suit or sport coat/jacket I carry Glock G19 Gen 3 IWB. If I am not wearing a coat, etc.,I carry M&P Shield + in my pocket. When I exercise/walk I utilize a belly holster which is very comfortable and it is able to carry either the Glock or the M&P

Dang, cross the river to Flowood or head north a few miles to Madison. No CC needed.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I would second the Ruger 380. I carry one in my back pocket. Get the fancy defense rounds and keep a larger weapon in your vehicle. Opt for the extended magazine

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009

Like in Kill Bill--keep the gun inside a box of cereal.

Last edited:

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I bought my wife a Springfield Hellcat 9mm for Christmas 2 years ago. She loves it. I’ve shot it a few times. Fun gun.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login