OT: Holy Crap

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
So one of my earliest posts on this board was related to my Yeti hate. Fast-forward to today and somehow it's multiplied. Me being me I'm a little in the bag when I see a retargeting ad for "Tupelo". Something about "slow your roll, kids at play." Well I remember a band called "Slow Kids at Play" from the area 25 years ago (the precursor to Spunk Monkey's I believe) so I clicked.... As would some of you.

View attachment 23297

What do I find... blasphemy. Pure Blasphemy.

https://tupelogoods.com/products/cornhole-board-set-all-weather-waterproof

$1000 Cornhole sets. $165 rope swings. Turns out that the lady douche that owns it is from Kansas and used to work for Yeti.

How dare she disrespect the good folks of Tupelo... Nobody without a dendrology thesaurus knows about the Tupelo gum tree. They started out with the name "Yardbird" and sucked *** probably.. likely hired some **** ad agency that came up with Tupelo because of the Van Morrison song or restaurant Tupelo Honey.

Delete these mofos. If you want to use the name Tupelo, Cornhole boards are under $100 and rope swings are free after some carbon credits thanks to saving the tire.

I hope they suffer the worst form of bankruptcy. The anal one... I thought $400 coolers were bad... $1000 Cornhole. 17 you.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
If she's using "Tupelo" as the hook and isn't including complimentary Buddy and Kay Bain bobble heads with each order, I share your hate.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
JLS, brace yourself for the invasion of $150 foam bags. It's the new overpriced item that's blowing up. Long story short, it's a bag made from Crocs material.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
There you go. There is a specific brand that has is the "Yeti" of this market. I can't think of the name. Expect every suburban mom in the South to have one under their tree.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My wife has one. When she brought it home I said, “Nice bag, did you get that at the crocs store?” She wasn’t amused.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There you go. There is a specific brand that has is the "Yeti" of this market. I can't think of the name. Expect every suburban mom in the South to have one under their tree.

It looks like a big rubbery foam bag that holds towels. Is it more than that?
...I am struggling to understand the appeal that would command such a price.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Um, we should start selling a 30A version and charge twice as much.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Those have been around thirty years...when they started they were just called cheap beach bags LOL . I know cause we have a couple.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
raise your hand if you were ever on the Uncle Bunky show.

Never on the show but went to church with him for a few years. Have several personalized drawings commemorating Bulldog victories. He was a different breed, loved State baseball and Ole Miss football.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Those have been around thirty years...when they started they were just called cheap beach bags LOL . I know cause we have a couple.

Yep

https://www.varagesale.com/i/cuqsam7n-beach-tote

ETA: Pic wouldn't copy and paste.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
And to think some poor kid in a Malaysian sweet shop is cranking 20 of those out an hour for $0.75/day and a bowl of rice.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
If she's using "Tupelo" as the hook and isn't including complimentary Buddy and Kay Bain bobble heads with each order, I share your hate.

I havent thought about Kay Bain in years. Is she still doing the morning show?

That type of show she did was such a thing of the past but I always had to stop and watch when I ran across her.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
$1000 Cornhole sets. $165 rope swings. Turns out that the lady douche that owns it is from Kansas and used to work for Yeti.

Looks like she realized that there was money to be made by selling ridiculously overpriced items to yuppies with money (or who want to look like they have money). I actually almost respect the sheer audacity it takes to market a $1000 cornhole set with a straight face.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Ever seen Golden Goose shoes?

I’ll at least admit there a few design elements more than a rubber bag tho.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
raise your hand if you were ever on the Uncle Bunky show.

I was on the Buddy & Kay show when I was 12 or 13 for 4H. My sister was on Buddy & Kay for her softball All-Star team winning the State tournament and going to the Dixie Youth Regional in Boaz, AL. For a kid in Alcorn County, that was as big as making it onto the Today Show.

I was never on WCBI, but as a kid, a drawing I sent in to the afternoon show (I don't remember the names, but it had a younger guy - Jeff something maybe? - and an older guy with a mustache) made it on air once.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login