OT:Honest, serious question

Rushisaband

May 31, 2016
How is everyone planning on staying awake for the game? On my way to Biloxi, about to get the day started! And it’s 8 am. We have 14 hours to go! Are we pacing, holding off til late games, taking a nap after afternoon games? Or just saying 17 it and going for broke? I identify as a 19 year old but I’m closer to 3 times that. Any advice?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I expect to fall asleep during the game. Just hope I don't miss anything good.

Just don't get hammered drunk during the day games.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
My original plan was to sleep in as long as possible, however my 5 year old decided at 6:30 this morning it was time to get up and cook him French toast.

So now I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
My original plan was to sleep in as long as possible, however my 5 year old decided at 6:30 this morning it was time to get up and cook him French toast.

So now I don’t know what I’m going to do.

I wish I could sleep in but after years of getting up at 5:30 every morning for work I can't sleep past 6:00 to save my life. Now I may just lay in bed and eventually fall back asleep but I'm awake every day at the butt crack of dawn.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m not off to a good start since I’ve been up since 5:30, but your question is an excellent one. I mean, assuming no weather interruptions, this thing is going til about 1:30 right?

I haven’t figured my plan out entirely yet, but I guess it’ll be some combination of a mid afternoon energy drink, no bourbon til after 7, a not too heavy dinner, and then some ol’ fashioned SPS perusing during the game

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I’ll be fine until halftime.
2nd half going to be tough. As someone else said just hope I don’t miss too much during the 💤💤 periods. Just set the DVR so if I need to rewatch tomorrow I can.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
I’m not. Just not worth the struggle anymore. I’ll likely make it to late 2nd/halftime.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I personally am looking forward to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see those who celebrate college football as an all day drinking activity coming through with the most scalding of hot takes in the game thread by mid-2nd quarter. I know that yall won’t disappoint.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I personally am looking forward to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see those who celebrate college football as an all day drinking activity coming through with the most scalding of hot takes in the game thread by mid-2nd quarter. I know that yall won’t disappoint.

If we're losing anytime in the second half, this place will be SLOPPY.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm going to bed at halftime, just like last week. Hopefully, the score will be about like last week by then.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It would be a long day for me to try to stay up since my woke up on my wife went to work this morning at 6 AM. To be honest with you unless there is a fantastic game going continuously all day I usually get a nap sometime during the day on Saturday because I'm usually the only one around here on Saturday afternoon. I'm more wound up about tomorrow than tonight because I just don't think we're gonna have a problem putting this game away P. Of course, I've been wrong before and they may make it close but I think the difference is our offense and the nastiness on our defense of line. I don't buy all the crap about the time of the game because I never had any problem going West like when to Vegas or Arizona. It was always coming back that I had a problem for a day.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
No offense, but how are all the old farts on here going to stay awake tonight? I'll record it and watch when I wake up if I happen to doze off. I remember years ago when we played LSU at like 8:00 for some reason and my LSU buddies came to tailgate, insisted we tailgate early, and got so drunk they went back to the hotel at around 6 and slept through the game. No drinking tonight at the HarryBollocks house. Well maybe one Still Austin Old Fashioned to sip on. I'm expecting a win tonight.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Is everyone on this board 80?**

Skip the large meal, switch to Irish coffee or Red Bull and vodka at about 8. You’ll be good.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’ll probably work around the house or out in the yard this afternoon. After supper and couple of beers I’ll doze off ~8pm. Should wake up in time for kickoff and I’ll be wide awake till 1am

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Old fart here. Won't have any problem watching the start and even all of the game as long as it goes well. If it starts down the tube I will bail.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Plan A; get a nap this afternoon, eat a late dinner, limit beer intake, and be ready to watch the whole thing.
Plan B; start drinking early as usual, start grilling early as usual, set the game to record, and go to bed before it starts. Get up in the morning and check to see if we win. If we win, watch the game. If we lose, delete it and do something productive tomorrow.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
My plan is to eat a big meal around 5:00 have a little something to help me go to sleep around 6:00 and set the alarm to wake up 8:30. Otherwise I’ll be asleep at 10:15

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
Bush hogging and spraying food plots until about 2. Watching a game while i nap. Mexican and margaritas for dinner. Start pounding around 830. Yelling at the tv around 1215. Perfect Saturday

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I slept until 11:30, had some coffee, will have some more, & probably take a nap. Can’t drink alcoholic beverages due to meds, so I think I’ll be ok.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
For those to have to drive from Memphis or Jackson (or further) but still go to night games, it won't be a big deal. It's after midnight before we ever get home from those games.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Go hard or go to bed.

I'm doing my duties. Visiting the daughter and taking the wife to Oxford. Pounding beers at the library watching Bama struggle.

I'll take a few more shots. Go to this snoozer if a game to make the old lady happy. And be back at home by 10 to watch the Bulldogs.

Hail State

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I slept until 11:30, had some coffee, will have some more, & probably take a nap. Can’t drink alcoholic beverages due to meds, so I think I’ll be ok.

I think you got the wrong user name if you’re able to sleep till 11:30 and take a nap.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
If you’re central time it shouldn’t be too difficult. I’m on eastern and woke up at 5:45am this morning to catch a flight out of Boston back to Charlotte..I am concerned a bit.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Plan A out the window. Timing of eating was off and too much going on with my gambling tickets.

Now to plan B drinking coffee but the big problem is I have to drop MsNT off at the airport in the morning at 5:30. I’m screwed

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I've made it home from the lil Hamlet. I must admit. This isn't going to be as easy as I anticipated. However with a little help from Dr Pepper, I'm eagerly awaiting kickoff.

Hail State

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login