OT- I-95 in Philly already back open

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
That because to most we are just a land mass between Louisiana and Alabama.......always has been, always will.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Have been through that stretch of road many times during my automotive engineering days in the past. Can't even fathom that road being down very long. Huge commercial artery for the northeast.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Took two weeks to repair. That’s an unbelievably impressive engineering/construction achievement.

Probably a Design-Build project. Advantage of Design-Build is that a bridge can get built FAST. Disadvantage is that there's not as much Quality Assurance as Design-Bid-Build, and the costs usually over run. That's why most Design-Build projects are mostly Federally funded.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Mississippi wouldn’t even have figured out which campaign donor was going to get the emergency contract in 2 weeks
If PA can figure it out, MS could too. Unless it was their campaign donor that took the I95 out in the first place which is a possibility as well.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I didn’t read the article but read right after it happened that they weren’t replacing the overpass, they were just going to fill the road below it and pave over the top of the fill. Temporary fix until they could replace the overpass/ bridge.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Took two weeks to repair. That’s an unbelievably impressive engineering/construction achievement.

I'll let you figure out which two they chose....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login