OT: I found this interesting regarding our food imports

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Heard about this this morning. I'm told numerous Mexican entrepreneurs are making this type investment. May even be some produce growers participating. I had never heard of it before.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Heard about this this morning. I'm told numerous Mexican entrepreneurs are making this type investment. May even be some produce growers participating. I had never heard of it before.
Interesting. There is certainly nothing more American than pay to play.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
What would you have failed? The fact that so much produce comes from Mexico?
Just general ignorance. Mexico stood out (for some reason the lettuce related crops were unexpected). Coffee (the Switzerland and Germany part), I would not have gotten. Ireland (butter). New Zealand (milk). Cocoa Beans (I didn't know there was a Cote D'ivoire). I plead general ignorance.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Just general ignorance. Mexico stood out (for some reason the lettuce related crops were unexpected). Coffee (the Switzerland and Germany part), I would not have gotten. Ireland (butter). New Zealand (milk). Cocoa Beans (I didn't know there was a Cote D'ivoire). I plead general ignorance.

This is just top import nations right? I assume that we produce a great deal of our own food. Certainly corn, eggs and many dairy products like milk and butter.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This is just top import nations right? I assume that we produce a great deal of our own food. Certainly corn, eggs and many dairy products like milk and butter.
Correct. Of the things we import, these are the top. I imagine we produce most of a few of those things.

Reactions: She Mate Me

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
You’ve seriously never heard of the Ivory Coast?

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I don’t mind buying Mexican fruits and vegetables- not sure where my avacados
come from?
but fish and other seafood - it better damn well say product of USA or I ain’t buying it.
And typically I buy local gulf fish/oysters/shrimp and the Pacific NW for salmon.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Well, when you say it like that…
You weren't alone on that one. Reminds me of planning our daughter's wedding and while going over the menu we hit Crudite. I asked what's that? and got you know, raw vegetables. Well, when you say it like that ....

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You weren't alone on that one. Reminds me of planning our daughter's wedding and while going over the menu we hit Crudite. I asked what's that? and got you know, raw vegetables. Well, when you say it like that ....
I fear I may be a luddite...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login